Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

monster clutch review

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 06:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default monster clutch review

Finally got a chance to see what this companies product are about. First off let me say that I didn't purchase the clutch for my own car. I just installed it on my friends car. The clutch and components was packaged very well. I was shocked to see new flywheel bolts. The clutch goes together simply just like any other clutch. Now I do have a couple of complaints, first off they should send some sort of install directions (something with torque specs, whether or not to use locktite, use a shim or not or the clearance there looking for between the clutch finger and bearing). I just went with factory specs. Second complaint, the clutch grabs low to the floor (now that might have something to do air in the hydraulics but I don't think so). The clutch is definatly nice and easy to push down and has a positive feel to it. Overall for the price that was paid for it and after cruising around it the car after the install I was happy with it and would put one of them in my car once my current clutch goes. Also the reason this company was tried was because me and my friends were just tired of Spec's company service and there rivots coming apart on there discs (4 times 3 different cars but thats another story). Ken
Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

My Monster clutch came with two sheets of paper that were tucked in with the invoice. One was installation tips, which said what loctite to use on what bolts, and I believe it informed you that the clutch was shim-less (can't remember if I read this online or not). The other was torque specs and pattern.

I don't know if your friend bought it from a vendor, or from the manufacturer. I bought it straight from monsterclutches.com
Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 AM
9 Second Club

Cool, I found what I needed searching on here. I'll have to ask my buddy what he did to the invoice papers because I looked for it thinking that something else might be in there. He probably took the invoice off looking for stickers ,( he's a sticker freak) before bring the parts over.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

My Stage 3 was installed by Steve himself. Good guy that really knows his stuff when it comes to clutches (and why they fail). No shims were used. It has been in Since September? of last year, and I beat the hell out of it. I now have 13,000 miles on it, and multiple trips to the track. Love it, and would reccommend it to anyone who needs a new clutch.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Finally got a chance to see what this companies product are about. First off let me say that I didn't purchase the clutch for my own car. I just installed it on my friends car. The clutch and components was packaged very well. I was shocked to see new flywheel bolts. The clutch goes together simply just like any other clutch. Now I do have a couple of complaints, first off they should send some sort of install directions (something with torque specs, whether or not to use locktite, use a shim or not or the clearance there looking for between the clutch finger and bearing). I just went with factory specs. Second complaint, the clutch grabs low to the floor (now that might have something to do air in the hydraulics but I don't think so). The clutch is definatly nice and easy to push down and has a positive feel to it. Overall for the price that was paid for it and after cruising around it the car after the install I was happy with it and would put one of them in my car once my current clutch goes. Also the reason this company was tried was because me and my friends were just tired of Spec's company service and there rivots coming apart on there discs (4 times 3 different cars but thats another story). Ken
Our stuff comes with instructions... it probably got misplaced, I apologize about this.

The clutch engaging low sounds like air in the system, if it's still like this after he's put a few miles on it give us a call at the shop.

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
My Stage 3 was installed by Steve himself. Good guy that really knows his stuff when it comes to clutches (and why they fail). No shims were used. It has been in Since September? of last year, and I beat the hell out of it. I now have 13,000 miles on it, and multiple trips to the track. Love it, and would reccommend it to anyone who needs a new clutch.
Thanks man!

Quick Reply: monster clutch review