Cops out bad in Galveston

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cops out bad in Galveston

Anyone go to galveston and ride the seawall mothersday?? I counted over 10 Cops in the center lane today, writing tickets like crazy. I took my Mom out to eat. On the way back to 61 i got pulled over in my moms cobalt ss. He asked for my d/l and insurance, looked at it. Handed it back started to walk away and said, "i'm letting you off with a warning." I asked for what?he told me his radar said i was speeding. If they are out so bad now i wonder what its going to be like this summer????
Old 05-10-2009, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

It's prom weekend for a local high school.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good thing you weren't in the Camaro, they would have checked to see if you were smuggling Mike and some VHT, they know that car can get down on cherry hill.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish Port Arnasass was closer, much nicer then Galveston.

Also Galveston is too commericalized. You cant really enjoy driving on the coast, feels like your still in the city.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Good thing you weren't in the Camaro, they would have checked to see if you were smuggling Mike and some VHT, they know that car can get down on cherry hill.

Originally Posted by TXMaro
It's prom weekend for a local high school.
That explains alot

Originally Posted by Doomsday
I wish Port Arnasass was closer, much nicer then Galveston.

Also Galveston is too commericalized. You cant really enjoy driving on the coast, feels like your still in the city.
Thats true. I've heard Port Arnasas is nice, and good fishing. I might have to take a trip soon.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got pulled over this weekend by a black Tahoe . . . and it was the US COAST GUARD . . . speeding on the freeway. They (all 4 of them) let me off with a warning . . . almost lost the TWIC card
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tootall
I got pulled over this weekend by a black Tahoe . . . and it was the US COAST GUARD . . . speeding on the freeway. They (all 4 of them) let me off with a warning . . . almost lost the TWIC card
How would you lose your Twic card for speeding????
I dont think they can pull it for that...
Your twic has nothing to do with driving a motor vehicle on a public road..
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
How would you lose your Twic card for speeding????
I dont think they can pull it for that...
Your twic has nothing to do with driving a motor vehicle on a public road..
Hell if I know . . . I wasn't looking to argue unless he was was going to persue it. It's the fist thing in my wallet when it's opened, he saw it and started flapping his mouth while I was pulling out my ID. I was trying not to laugh, so it was just yes sir . . . bla bha bhha yes sir.

I deserved to have been pulled over . . . I was clipping along more than 80 something when I saw Coast Guard on the back window. By the time I passed him was 75 something doing a nose dive to slow down.

Last edited by Tootall; 05-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Its obvious they are trying to build revenue by writing more tickets and what better day than Mothers Day. No better way to say thank you to all the tourist income by writing tickets for going 5 over the speed limit.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Its gotten so bad that they are starting to run every one off. I'm still laughing about getting pulled over. I dont know to many people that would speed on the seawall. Its kinda pointless.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandovalt1
Thats true. I've heard Port Arnasas is nice, and good fishing. I might have to take a trip soon.
Yeah, use to do alot of fishing back in the day there. Water is alot better and lots of marine life, I seen a fair share of dolphins there. And maybe I shouldnt tell you I caught shark and stingray not to far from the surf. You really dont need a boat to have a good fishing day.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Teching In

I was out there Saturday night-Sunday afternoon.

It was very obvious it was prom weekend..every time me and the friends went to a restaurant it was filled with highschoolers. And you could definitely tell by some of the cars out there and the crazy driving that it must have been a lot of the highschoolers.

I only saw one person get pulled over while I was there, but I wasn't on the road an excessive amount (bff's birthday, stayed at a condo in pirates beach). I managed to do about 5-10 over with no heat on me, and I was in my big bright red car lol.

I did notice a good bit of cops out patrolling, though, just not any of their victims.

I'd agree that they were there to crack down on all the crazy kids there for Prom, and to bring in more money for the increased number of visitors there for the holiday.

I only spotted one Fbody out there when I was cruising, a red Camaro Vert on black wheels..if you're on here, nice ride! This was Sunday morning..11 ish.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

This has nothing to do with Galveston but whatever.

Saturday night we left the bar and were waiting on our cab when a cop pulled a guy over for a DUI. The driver was taking a field sobriety test when all of us on the sidewalk started chanting 'Sober, Sober, Sober!'. The cops freaked out on us and started yelling something about obstruction of justice. After like two tests the cop actually let the guy go. Pretty hilarious.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Tootall
. . . almost lost the TWIC card
What is a TWIC card?

Buncha BS that the Galveston PD is writing nit picky tickets to folks on the island when they're trying all they can to get people to come back there to bring in revenue to the local economy. I guess the PD is short on revenue themselves and they are resorting to legally stealing from people by writing BS tickets.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mmiller
What is a TWIC card?
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC™)

very inportant card for access to plants or ports on the water or that have water access . . . or forgien trade zones.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Tootal beat me to it, I didn't see speeding as a grounds for loosing your TWIC when I got mine a few months ago.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

there gonna be bad this comin up wknd also, another prom wknd
Old 05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Tootal beat me to it, I didn't see speeding as a grounds for loosing your TWIC when I got mine a few months ago.
Agreed. I don't see why in the world that would even be called into question, much less why a police officer would have the right to confiscate the card.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Doomsday

Yeah, use to do alot of fishing back in the day there. Water is alot better and lots of marine life, I seen a fair share of dolphins there. And maybe I shouldnt tell you I caught shark and stingray not to far from the surf. You really dont need a boat to have a good fishing day.
yea, i love catching shark wading in the surf. I really want to do alot more fishing this year.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
I was out there Saturday night-Sunday afternoon.

It was very obvious it was prom weekend..every time me and the friends went to a restaurant it was filled with highschoolers. And you could definitely tell by some of the cars out there and the crazy driving that it must have been a lot of the highschoolers.

I only saw one person get pulled over while I was there, but I wasn't on the road an excessive amount (bff's birthday, stayed at a condo in pirates beach). I managed to do about 5-10 over with no heat on me, and I was in my big bright red car lol.

I did notice a good bit of cops out patrolling, though, just not any of their victims.

I'd agree that they were there to crack down on all the crazy kids there for Prom, and to bring in more money for the increased number of visitors there for the holiday.

I only spotted one Fbody out there when I was cruising, a red Camaro Vert on black wheels..if you're on here, nice ride! This was Sunday morning..11 ish.
Im suprised i didn't see you !!

Originally Posted by Ben R
This has nothing to do with Galveston but whatever.

Saturday night we left the bar and were waiting on our cab when a cop pulled a guy over for a DUI. The driver was taking a field sobriety test when all of us on the sidewalk started chanting 'Sober, Sober, Sober!'. The cops freaked out on us and started yelling something about obstruction of justice. After like two tests the cop actually let the guy go. Pretty hilarious.
Lmao thats funny!! i guees you could say ya'll saved his a$$

Originally Posted by mmiller
What is a TWIC card?

Buncha BS that the Galveston PD is writing nit picky tickets to folks on the island when they're trying all they can to get people to come back there to bring in revenue to the local economy. I guess the PD is short on revenue themselves and they are resorting to legally stealing from people by writing BS tickets.
The main things i saw people getting pulled over for was tags, inspection, and seat belts. Also alot of younger people. I guess you cant even enjoy prom weekend anymore