General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C in LT1 car..

Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C in LT1 car..

After replacing my A/C compressor a couple months ago I finally decieded to charge it today and it would hold a charge, leaks out immediatly!
I found the leak, its coming from back of compressor where the two hard lines bolt into the compressor... well I cant get both the hoses flush! Both are held in by one bolt and after cranking down on bolt, one side just doesnt look low enough.. Added dye to freeon and it def proved I was right...
I went and bought this O-ring kit.. it came with these:

And several green rubber o-rings of course.. Where do all these metal/rubber rings go??
The two on the left are the same ones that came out of it..
Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you bought a general/aftermarket o-ring kit. You'll only need 2 o-rings for the 2 lines that go to the compressor. More importantly, I'd take the compressor out to the point where you can easily inspect it and try bolting the lines in. Make sure you didn't **** the lines and crank down on it real hard and strip out the thread or damage the bore that the line goes into. If you didn't damage anything, it should just be a matter of getting it lined up. You really gotta get it lined up straight and BE GENTLE tightening it down until its flush. As for the o-rings only use the ones that look exactly like the old ones. if they were just rubber just use rubber dont use the metal ones, and vise versa, more importantly make sure the size is as accurate as possible....would seriously be easier to just go buy th eoem o-rings, they're only o-rings can't be that much.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy told me they were for a 1996 camaro 5.7 AC...?

Search this Thread