Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need some help...

Just Posting this over here for another member. I have a simular issue and would be interested to know what yall think. I was thinkin maybe timing chain????
IDK

A friend of mine has a 2001 chevy truck with a 5.3/A4. The only thing that has been done to the truck is a cold air kit and a flowmaster welded in the original position. He was trying to pass a car and it fell on its face. Now it wont go over 45mph wont rev over 4000 rpm and does not like to idle. It dies at idle from time to time. Changed the spark plugs and fuel filter. Took it to autozone and the code came up as random misfire was diected with crank shaft sensor. Possible problems : high/low fuel pressure, spark plugs, coils, plug wires, or a vacuum leak.

Sprayed everything down with carb cleaner and could not find a vacuum leak. Fuel pressure is 50lbs at idle. Im not sure if thats normal. I cannot get a "for sure" answer out of anybody. As for the coils and wires if it was one or two cylinders that were misfiring maybe but this is random so I dont think that they are the problem.

Any ideas?