LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

sticking with the LT1 for a while longer

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default sticking with the LT1 for a while longer

OK guys, I have made the decision to stick with the LT1 for a little while longer. I was planning on swapping out the power plant for something else (BBC or LS series motor), but we just had things come up @ home that needs the money more than my racing hobby and I made the decision not to go big this year or next. Well, let me rephrase that, I am planning on going big with the LT1, just not swapping to a different platform.

The car is currently bolt-on's only, and I can race it like this for a little while during the build up the other motor. I just talked to a guy on here about getting a spare block to start builing on, now I just need to figure out what I want to build. Either way I am hoping to stay N/A and build something on the wild side, so suggestions on what you might want to see in that respect just pass it along...

So, here are the plans:
Nice forged or billet crank (not sure what stroke yet)
Custom pistons (matched to the contours of whatever heads I end up with)
Nice rods that can stand up to anything an LT1 can throw at it
Heads are still up in the air
SR cam, Single plane intake, and carb setup

So who are our resident N/A LT1 motor guru's? I have not been staying with the times over the past year or so, so not sure what the new things on the market for the LT1 are, any suggestions?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice. 383, SR, single plane, 4-hole TB, dayly driver is my plans for the future.

I like ABA383's set up. He has a "mild" cammed 383 (something like a 226/234 cam) and traps something like 121mph in the 1/4.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back!!
396, Custom LE or AI SR, single plane, AFRs fully ported by LE or AI would be a nice set up! Maybe a 200 shot for jut incase