LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I will never ever go to my gm dealer any more !!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry I will never ever go to my gm dealer any more !!!!!

I came over today, pick up my MAP sensor rubber gasket, the guy over the counter sit on his *** and threw the part over to me ( that is disrespect in my book ), I ask him look up for me fuel injector o-ring, he look like dint want to do it, after a while he finally look up and I ask him the part #, he denied right away, WTF. he even throw away the paper that show the part # WTF, I left and FUvking PISSES, I told myself, " these ************ can do this to me " I came in again, and first thing he asking me is " are you ready to buy that part ? " I dint say nothing " I ask for the maneger ", I talk to the maneger, he act like he do not care, he start explaint to me that, he rather not give out the part number because he affair that I will go some where else and buy it for cheap, and he act like an asshoe, " I say , BULLSHIT, he say wat ever , I say *** you !!, and walk out. I been buy every single part from that dealer for the last 3 week I own this camaro, I know i can get online and buy it for cheap, but I rather pay a little more and got the part right away, I even buy a ******* oil filter from them, but I know i can get at walmart for cheap, but I still buy from them. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT THAT GM DEALER AGAIN. I shop at ford dealer and dogde dealer, and never have problem with getting part #. Im over it now. im proberly get part from online from now on, any one know a good site selling gm part, I need a set of fuel injector oring. and couple more GM part. thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shbox has a great list of gm part numbers on his website
http://shbox.com/1/Parts.htm
Old 05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
I came over today, pick up my MAP sensor rubber gasket, the guy over the counter sit on his *** and threw the part over to me ( that is disrespect in my book ), I ask him look up for me fuel injector o-ring, he look like dint want to do it, after a while he finally look up and I ask him the part #, he denied right away, WTF. he even throw away the paper that show the part # WTF, I left and FUvking PISSES, I told myself, " these ************ can do this to me " I came in again, and first thing he asking me is " are you ready to buy that part ? " I dint say nothing " I ask for the maneger ", I talk to the maneger, he act like he do not care, he start explaint to me that, he rather not give out the part number because he affair that I will go some where else and buy it for cheap, and he act like an asshoe, " I say , BULLSHIT, he say wat ever , I say *** you !!, and walk out. I been buy every single part from that dealer for the last 3 week I own this camaro, I know i can get online and buy it for cheap, but I rather pay a little more and got the part right away, I even buy a ******* oil filter from them, but I know i can get at walmart for cheap, but I still buy from them. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT THAT GM DEALER AGAIN. I shop at ford dealer and dogde dealer, and never have problem with getting part #. Im over it now. im proberly get part from online from now on, any one know a good site selling gm part, I need a set of fuel injector oring. and couple more GM part. thanks
You just got a dick parts counter guy. Most people are pretty uneducated (I had one ask me what engine my '99 Camaro SS had in it ) but others are helpful. Sometimes the dealership is your only option, so you will likely end up buying from them again some day.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
You just got a dick parts counter guy. Most people are pretty uneducated (I had one ask me what engine my '99 Camaro SS had in it ) but others are helpful. Sometimes the dealership is your only option, so you will likely end up buying from them again some day.
I just wonder if they got pay enough to care about their customer, coming back or not. in the future I do rather drive 20 min extra to get my part from diffrent dealer.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work for a Chevrolet dealer. Been there four years now. Three and a half years as a mechanic and almost six months working in parts...I can't believe he treated you that way. Customers keep my lights on and I treat them as such. Not only that but I'm a hot rod guy myself and know the feeling of having the peace of mind with the parts I buy. What a douchebag! What dealership was this because I just might have to call the parts manager with a few comments. I take that as disrespect to my job and it didn't even involve me!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, wheres the english version of this post?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

gmpartsdirect.com, they have a guide you can search through for parts if you don't know the number.

Yeah that's strange, the local Chevy dealer by me is staffed by great people in the parts department.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

what language was that in?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
I second that.....
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

English is my third language, I try go get better every day. give me a break
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
No idea, but I just read the Borat version.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe the guy didnt understand what you were saying.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, that's a sign of the times... with things being what they are... the dealers have culled the herd down to minimums and that word just doesn't reflect the number of employees...

Websites are doing the same thing...

It happens.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by puggerton03
maybe the guy didnt understand what you were saying.
I ask him for the part #, he say no, I try to look at the monitor for that part number, he move the screen away. BTW guys, give me a break about my english. like I say this is my third language.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

When I was building my first set up I went to a local GM Parts counter and asked for the price on a set of the LS7 lifters. He came back and told me roughly 107.00 each..EACH ONE! I laughed and told him they were sold in sets and he insisted they only came as "1" each. What a MOMO. Need I say more.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
English is my third language, I try go get better every day. give me a break
Ignore the forum trolls, I am sure your english is better then their other lanugages.

Sucks to hear you got a d-bag, they are everywhere no matter where you go.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Just buy online, you will save money anyways, they don't call them stealerships for nothing. I wont buy **** from a dealer. and the ones here are no more intelligent than the parts stores when I ask for a part number lookup.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

I would call Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center 1-800-222-1020 and complain about your experience.Heck, I get a better discount on parts than the body shops in town. Every now and then, I'll even get some things at employee discount (very rare, though)
Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
I work for a Chevrolet dealer. Been there four years now. Three and a half years as a mechanic and almost six months working in parts...I can't believe he treated you that way. Customers keep my lights on and I treat them as such. Not only that but I'm a hot rod guy myself and know the feeling of having the peace of mind with the parts I buy. What a douchebag! What dealership was this because I just might have to call the parts manager with a few comments. I take that as disrespect to my job and it didn't even involve me!
Thanks, I guess im over it already.

Originally Posted by SnakeOiler
I would call Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center 1-800-222-1020 and complain about your experience.Heck, I get a better discount on parts than the body shops in town. Every now and then, I'll even get some things at employee discount (very rare, though)
Thanks, I guess im over it already.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree it must be that dealership. Mine is always helpful and courteous, and I ask for some unusual parts b/c I am building a turbo LT-1 car from the bottom up. Two weeks ago, he did a search for a part. He did not have it, so he called a local Napa store and located for me, and told me it was much cheaper than what he could get it for.
And don't worry about the language critics; I admit I winced when I read the original post, but I understood the gist of what you were saying. And please don't critique my Spanish. It sucks.

Search this Thread