Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still no reverse update..

Old 05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default still no reverse update..

ok so today i removed my valve body again and removed the checkball in the case for the lo-reverse clutches and air checked them again with 100 psi. they were activating but after i put it back together still i have no reverse.(the case being used is not my original and is out of a 99 ta) ive noticed that even with my trans go shift kit in this trans set at street/strip it shifts half as hard as it did before breaking. i think it might be a pressure issue so i ordered a gauge to check. anyone know what the line pressure is supposed to be for all gears including park? do any of the lines in the case have to do with reverse? thanks for any help... im starting to get really frustrated with this problem.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

There are not that many possibilites for a no reverse.
If it just free revs when placed in reverse here they are.

1-There are three seals on the low/reverse piston all three must be there as its actually two chambers one for manual low 1 and the other for reverse.
2-reverse input drum teflon rings damages or missing on pump stator
3-Reverse input drum seals damaged or missing.
4-Small three bolt plate at the rear of valve body missing or not tight.

If it binds up in reverse you may have a seized low roller clutch.

Assuming all the forward gears are there and arent binding up or anything those are all your options.

The only things on in reverse are the low/reverse clutch and the reverse input clutch and thats the only time they are used except when the car is in manual low 1 the low/reverse clutch makes engine braking.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its def the lo/reverse clutches because i dont have engine braking in manual low. but they seem work when air tested(piston is moving),which leads me to think maybe its a pressure issue. would a bad teflon seal cause this problem too? im hoping ill be able to narrow it down once i pressure test it. worse comes to worse ill be pulling it out again. p.s. all seals were replaced and chased upon assembly.1-4 can be eliminated as they have been installed/properly tightened..

Search this Thread