Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Broken Fuel Injector Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Broken Fuel Injector Question

Hey guys,

I was getting ready to install my 60 lb. injectors and noticed what's pictured below. The ring has not completely broke off, but is pretty close. Wondering if this will cause any problems. They snapped in the fuel rail just fine and I think the O-Ring will seal it OK, but I am just a little worried about it. I had these in my truck and you have to run a fuel rail spacer to get them to work right...I am assuming I may have tightened them down too tight or something.

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bpope
Hey guys,

I was getting ready to install my 60 lb. injectors and noticed what's pictured below. The ring has not completely broke off, but is pretty close. Wondering if this will cause any problems. They snapped in the fuel rail just fine and I think the O-Ring will seal it OK, but I am just a little worried about it. I had these in my truck and you have to run a fuel rail spacer to get them to work right...I am assuming I may have tightened them down too tight or something.

Thanks for the help!

all that ring is for is to hold the upper o ring on the injector.. use a small heat gun and straighten it out working it with a knife or something to get it back to shape,, then take a small amount of epoxy resin (fast dry) and fill the gap using a tooth pick as an applicator.. right before its fully hardened use an exacto knife to remove the excess.. good as new

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 05-13-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
all that ring is for is to hold the upper o ring on the injector.. use a small heat gun and straighten it of working it with a knife or something to get it back to shape,, then take a small amount of epoxy resin (fast dry) and fill the gap using a tooth pick as an applicator.. right before its fully hardened use an exacto knife to remove the excess.. good as new

Good idea...thanks for the help! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that helped it seal. Thanks again.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...or pay the 20 cents for a new O-Ring.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xbcrguy182x
...or pay the 20 cents for a new O-Ring.
Pay attention, its not the O-ring that is pictured, it is the retainer that holds the O-ring to the injector.