Question about Home Security.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Home Security.

I'm in the market for a home security system or company in the La Porte area. Some one broke into my House today and stole 2 Laptops 1 $3500.00 Dell XPS and a $2300.00 Dell Inspiron 9300. They also took my PS3 and 8 Games, my 80 GB Zune, $500.00 cash for my sons truck note, my external Light scribe DVD burner, a dell 22 in widescreen Monitor, about 10 packs of Dual layer Dvds for the Light scribe burner and a few more small things. I'm just grateful they were gone when my wife got home from work. They left the 36" Plasma in the bedroom it must have been to big to take a chance on getting it out, of coarse no neighbors say a thing. I'm scared to go in the garage and look around. I hate F**king thieves.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Sounds like you need 2 dogs. We use ADT. They are pretty good. When we would set the alarm off accidently, sherrif responds in about 3 min.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:55 AM
12 Second Club

what area in La Porte do you live?
I use Brinks.. Installed a custom system. Good thing is I get home 95% of the time before she does..
PLus I had them install a Device to alert her that someone has entered the house and the alarm was triggered..
Keeps her from walking in on someone.
If you want the Consultant to come out to your house, I have his number.
He will walk the house, and suggest things to you, but it's up to you on what you want to do.
I pay about$40 a month for them to monitor..

Daniel
Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Teching In

I have Pinnacle. Its all wireless, and it has a cell-phone direct notification. I set it up online to have text messages sent whenever the alarm goes off, and whenever anyone other than myself turns off the system.

The basic setup they offer is a 3 door sensors 1 motion a keypad, and 2 key fobs so you can turn it on/off from outside, or in your room. If you have a house phone you can also have a 2-way radio setup where when the alarm goes off it becomes a radio and the call center can hear what is going on in the house.

It seems to be a pretty good setup so far, i have accidentally set it off and had a call to my cellphone within 30 seconds. They asked if everything was good, and for my secret password.

The system also has a distress code so if you were to be forced into your house, or walk into somthing happening, you type a seperate code in your keypad and it will trigger a silent alarm and police will automatically be called to your house.

The starter system was free, and installed for free, just paid for an extra key fob. Service is $45 a month. You can add whatever else you want, they have window sensors, glass break sensors, and secondary key pads and you can get all your smoke detectors wired into it to alert you of fire and stuff.

www.pinnaclesecurity.com They have an office in houston, and the call center is also in tx...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

This is all you need!

Old 05-13-2009, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
what area in La Porte do you live?
I use Brinks..

Daniel
Thanks for the replies I will be checking with all of them. I live in Fairmont Park East across from the Airport.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by badride42
Thanks for the replies I will be checking with all of them. I live in Fairmont Park East across from the Airport.
Damn dude, thats not far from me, I am over in West...
This is exactly why I bought the system...
Economy going down, and people getting desperate..
Plus all the Katrina people that got displaced out of Galveston are now up in this area.

I feel any system is better than no System..
My system is Hardwired, not going to say what all I have, but it makes my wife feel very comfortable...Plus I actually live on a street that neighbors are all ways home, and outside, plus we watch each others house. and I have set it off a few times already too
Talk about scare the **** out of you...lol
good luck with your search, hope everything works out for you..

Daniel
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14SecV6
I have Pinnacle. Its all wireless, and it has a cell-phone direct notification. I set it up online to have text messages sent whenever the alarm goes off, and whenever anyone other than myself turns off the system.

The basic setup they offer is a 3 door sensors 1 motion a keypad, and 2 key fobs so you can turn it on/off from outside, or in your room. If you have a house phone you can also have a 2-way radio setup where when the alarm goes off it becomes a radio and the call center can hear what is going on in the house.

It seems to be a pretty good setup so far, i have accidentally set it off and had a call to my cellphone within 30 seconds. They asked if everything was good, and for my secret password.

The system also has a distress code so if you were to be forced into your house, or walk into somthing happening, you type a seperate code in your keypad and it will trigger a silent alarm and police will automatically be called to your house.

The starter system was free, and installed for free, just paid for an extra key fob. Service is $45 a month. You can add whatever else you want, they have window sensors, glass break sensors, and secondary key pads and you can get all your smoke detectors wired into it to alert you of fire and stuff.

www.pinnaclesecurity.com They have an office in houston, and the call center is also in tx...
Now thats the kind of security system I am talking about! thats just plain cool
Old 05-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Launching!

+1 for pinnacle. my buddy works for them and i can give you his number. i will tell him to hook you up(for free) with all the nice gadgets. pm me if you want his #
Old 05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

im also in the market for a home security system... even though it is a peaceful neigborhood you just never know... we also get along very well with all our neighbors maybe 5-6 of them, and we keep an eye on each others stuff, not to metion 3 of them the wifes dont work, plus i work shiftwork so someone is at home most of the time.. and the best, I have 2 HPD and 1 FBI neighbor, so i hope that scares them away a little... lol...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

damn i wish we had something like pinnacle here in dallas, thats badass.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Teching In

pinnacle is all over the place, i had a replacement sensor shipped and it was coming from Utah... Im sure you can get whatever you want installed in Dallas...

they just said that this local areas call center was in dallas... i know at work our security call center is in freakin India or somthing cause they speaky no english....