Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Leak after dual pumps

Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leak after dual pumps

I just got done doing a dual intank pump on my 91 Z, I had to make a hole and use a grommet and some epoxy to try and seal up the extra wires for the pump. Started it up and everything was fine no leaks, I let it set over night with about 5 gallons of gas in it and I check it out the next day and it looks like fuel is following the wires out of the tank and leaking onto the connector. Its just seeping. So the fuel would have to travel up, over and then back down. Im going to drop the tank back down tonight and see exactly what the problem is but I have a feeling its going to be in the area that the wires are coming out of. Does anyone know where I can get a pass thorough connector like the facory one to get a good seal on them. I need to either find a connector or get a new sending unit and just wire the pumps together and use the the factory plug for everything. Anybody ever come across this problem?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

no way, does fuel also come up and out the filler neck?

i bet you got a ripped o ring on top of the tank where the lines clip on.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem was definetly from the wires, the epoxy didnt seal between them. So I used the existing electrical bulkhead and used the ground for the second pump. For the grounds I used a stud through the sending unit with a fuel safe o-ring and more epoxy just incase. No problems since.

Search this Thread