Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SDCE/ Aftermarket Waterpump ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SDCE/ Aftermarket Waterpump ?

Is there anyone running the SDCE with afteramrket WP. It is recommended that I run the Evans WP with my engine setup. Just needing to know if I may run into clearance issues since the pulley sticks out further than stock. I have searched and seen pics with stock and it looks pretty close but I haven't seen a real good pic with the belt installed. So it's hard to tell. Also looking for pics with their support bracket installed. Evidentally they must have been having issues with bracket flex or has this always been part of the kit?
Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the SDCE with the Mezieres electric water pump, and its close. It looks like its about a 1/8" away.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running an Evans wp with no clearence issues so far.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

That helps alot thanks. How about some pics of the support bracket? I have one but it's hard to tell where it attaches to the block. When I talked to SDCE on the phone yesterday they said going to a steel J bracket wouldn't help.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the steel bracket mostly because I didn't want to wait to send mine to them to modify and they had the steel one on hand. Don't have pics yet as the car is getting the finishing touches completed at the shop now.
With an Iron 6.0 block, you will have to tap it as it doesn't have all the pre-existing holes.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

I certainly can't see what a steel bracket would hurt. The alum. "J" bracket doesn't weigh that much I can't imagine the steel adding a whole lot. Heck I've been considering having one made out of titanium. I talked to one machinist about it and he didn't seem too keen on the idea. He said the titanium work hardens very easily. If I decide to follow through I will need to find someone who is used to working with the stuff. I doubt I'll do it but it is something that has been crossing my mind.

I have an alum. block. I added a pic just for clarification of the support bracket I'm talking about. The black rod under the alternator that attaches to the blower. Just needing to know where it attaches to the block.

I don't remember right off who's pic this is but it is very clean underneath.

Last edited by BlkHwk; 05-15-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Quick Reply: SDCE/ Aftermarket Waterpump ?