Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What times do you think i could expect?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What times do you think i could expect?

Whats up guys! So i have a '00 trans am A4. It was completely stock when i picked her up. I took it to the track on temp tags the second night i had her
I ran a 13.5 with dry rotted tires (which i realize was stupid) and a horribly kept track on a humid night. I was ecstatic! My old 96 lt1 formula couldn't even break the 14's. So instead of getting fresh rubber i went with a used borla catback and raced on a extremely nice and sticky track and ran a 13.34 @ 104mph. It was then that i realized that the ls1 was god's gift to man (or at least to me) Well i just put on Pacesetter LT's an ORY and an SLP LID and i was wondering, do you guys think i could expect some better times? If so, what would you predict? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ruedy4
Whats up guys! So i have a '00 trans am A4. It was completely stock when i picked her up. I took it to the track on temp tags the second night i had her
I ran a 13.5 with dry rotted tires (which i realize was stupid) and a horribly kept track on a humid night. I was ecstatic! My old 96 lt1 formula couldn't even break the 14's. So instead of getting fresh rubber i went with a used borla catback and raced on a extremely nice and sticky track and ran a 13.34 @ 104mph. It was then that i realized that the ls1 was god's gift to man (or at least to me) Well i just put on Pacesetter LT's an ORY and an SLP LID and i was wondering, do you guys think i could expect some better times? If so, what would you predict? Thanks in advance!
I would say that your car is completely capable of high 12's. What did your 60fts. look like before? What tire were you/are you running?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIr RicCuS
I would say that your car is completely capable of high 12's. What did your 60fts. look like before? What tire were you/are you running?
sorry...was looking for my slip...i usually have 2.1 60's and my old (dry rotted) tires were 245/50 r16 Ventus HRII's and the ones i have on now are 245/50 r16 General Exclaims both kinds of tires at about 38 psi.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ruedy4
sorry...was looking for my slip...i usually have 2.1 60's and my old (dry rotted) tires were 245/50 r16 Ventus HRII's and the ones i have on now are 245/50 r16 General Exclaims both kinds of tires at about 38 psi.
You've got yourself a mid-12 second car with a decent tire.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please read the stickies: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-ask-here.html

I'd say high 12s as well. A converter will unlock more potential in an A4 ride, but sticky tires should be on the menu as well if you go that route.

Derek