Anyone ever been to the Disney World?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever been to the Disney World?

Dad wants to go and take his grandkids, too.

Any tips, advice? What's good to see? Best place to stay? Anything else to do besides GayLand, I mean, Disneyland?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

i went when i was 18 for christmas, and there was virtually no wait in the lines and everything was cool... i went with family and a lot of the women i tried to talk to were foreign... lol it really is a cool place tho, i think anyone would enjoy it. theyve added stuff since i went but they do parades and shows throughout the park almost every 10 mins but its actually pretty cool... i say check it out....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nobody ever took me...
Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DJBlackSuperman
i went when i was 18 for christmas, and there was virtually no wait in the lines and everything was cool... i went with family and a lot of the women i tried to talk to were foreign... lol it really is a cool place tho, i think anyone would enjoy it. theyve added stuff since i went but they do parades and shows throughout the park almost every 10 mins but its actually pretty cool... i say check it out....
Cool. Tried to talk to? lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just went April 26 - May 2. I took my daughter, parents and grandmother and had a good time. My daughter loved it. If you are interested shoot me a PM and I will help you out with times to go where to stay etc.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:16 AM
12 Second Club

Took the Family about a year ago Feb..
Best time to go is while everyone else is in school.
Dont go during a holiday it will be packed.
I advise to stay in a resort inside one of the parks.. it has easier access to the other parks with the rail system.
Get the meal tickets, to eat at different places, Food is expensive(and thats an understatement!! ) The ticket includes a drink, meal, and a desert. truct me it's worth it. If you plan on having dinner with Mickey or one of his friends RESERVE it...
I have a little girl so we did the Princess thing where we took her to a boutique, and they did her hair, and make up, we provided the dress(brought it from home) and she was dressed up as a princess the whole day.. and the people that work there actually get into it, and refer to her ( they do it to all of the little girls that do this) as Princess. She got a real kick out of it ( she is 5) and so did her mom and I.
I hear the Polynesian Resort is a really good place to stay.. it's right next to the Magical Kingdom We bought the Park jumpers card, where we could go to any park in @ Disney world, that was also worth it. also when your at the parks, do the line jumping thing... you go up to the entrance, they have a time when you come back, take a ticket, leave, and go do something else, and when it is time for you to come back, show them them the ticket, and you go to the front of the line with out waiting.... Just beware, everything is expensive around that place...
We had a blast.. by the 4th day the little girl was EXHAUSTED!! Lots of walking....
We plan on going back in a few years when the new baby is old enough..

Daniel
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Cool. I'll look into the meal tickets and Park jumpers card. The Hilton looks all right at $100/night.

How is the Park jumpers card different than just a regular ticket? I thought you could get in anywhere with a regular ticket.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 PM
LS7 Member

Park hoppers let you move around to any of the parks in one day. If you get a normal ticket you can go to any of the parks, but once you are inside that is the only one the ticket will work for.

Park hoppers are good because some of the parks will stay open a few hours later then the others, and you can move over at the end of the day and get in some attractions / catch their fireworks and shows. The crowds also thin out in the evening, so if you have little ones who get tired of the temps it might be a good idea to take a break and nap during the day for an hour or two and come back at night.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
LS7 Member

My parents who go to Disney world pretty often have been staying in the all star resorts (cheaper resorts) lately and like them for the price. Fort Wilderness campground is also pretty cool, and you can rent trailers they have there that look like log cabins and can hold 6 people.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Park hoppers let you move around to any of the parks in one day. If you get a normal ticket you can go to any of the parks, but once you are inside that is the only one the ticket will work for.

Park hoppers are good because some of the parks will stay open a few hours later then the others, and you can move over at the end of the day and get in some attractions / catch their fireworks and shows. The crowds also thin out in the evening, so if you have little ones who get tired of the temps it might be a good idea to take a break and nap during the day for an hour or two and come back at night.
yep... works out great..
Just know that if you stay at a hotel that is not in the park, you will have to ride the buses in and that in my opinion SUCKED!!
If it's a money issue then I understand..
But it could take you almost 45 minutes to get to one park waiting on a bus.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

I was fortunate enough to go there 3 times as a kid, loved it. I would go back for sure. There is stuff there for kids and adults and in between.

Never did check out Universal Studios, though.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the info, guys. I noticed there's a Water Park Fun & More Option. Is that worth getting?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Teching In

We went 2 summers ago. Yeah the hopper passes are a good idea if you dont mind spending a little extra. We got the 4 day single park passes. It took us all day to go through each of those parks. There is no way you could experience everything in less than one day. Lines were some what long also. My girls loved magic Kingdom, you have to stay late for their fireworks show its awesome. I would definately go back.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

All the advise so far is spot-on. The only things I'd add are:
1. Buy a Frohmer's Guide to DisneyWorld at the book store. It's updated every year and really helped us make the most of our last trip there.

2. Check Disney's site regularly. If you are flexible on your travel dates, I'd highly recommend the last week in September. "Dead Low" season for Disney meaning shorter lines and smaller crowds (some rides we got off of and got right back on). Also, during that time we got the meal tickets FOR FREE!! That's about $1000 add on usually.

Have fun, relax, let the little things slide off your back. Xanax helped me.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i may go there for memorial day with the other marines. be there for 4 days, sounds like fun....and the foriegn ladies meow
Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

i went last spring break (march 14-21) it was the first time back there since i was like 4?? but i was 17 at the time and it was still fun, we spent almost a day at each park and went back to selected parks afterward. Ride space Mountain, Rockin Roller coaster(badass ride imo) Tower of Terror (legit ride) and there is a ride at Animal Kingdom that has a Yeti roller coaster that i thought was pretty cool, Test Track was okay i didnt think it was all that special and DEF ride Misson Space they really did a great job on this ride, it is the best ride iv been on
Old 05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
The House is Rockin'

i go every year, around october. i live about a hour from orlando. its also a plus that i can get in free because my brother is a security guard there
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camAro242
i went last spring break (march 14-21) it was the first time back there since i was like 4?? but i was 17 at the time and it was still fun, we spent almost a day at each park and went back to selected parks afterward. Ride space Mountain, Rockin Roller coaster(badass ride imo) Tower of Terror (legit ride) and there is a ride at Animal Kingdom that has a Yeti roller coaster that i thought was pretty cool, Test Track was okay i didnt think it was all that special and DEF ride Misson Space they really did a great job on this ride, it is the best ride iv been on
Tower of Terror was cool! I rode Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster thinking, "No big deal." Yeah, right. I had fun but there was a picture of the launch waiting for me when we got off and guess who was in the picture screamin' like a bitch? Mission Space was great but be prepared because there's a LOT of pukin' goin' on.