Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help with new injectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with new injectors

I am in need of some new injectors and was wondering what I should buy. I was thinking 42#ers would be good in case i decide to do a head swap down the road. I was also looking for some pointers on the install, such as things to watch out for. I would have done a search but im about to leave and didnt have time. Thanks for the help.

Wade
Old 05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swapping injectors is real easy. Once you get the fuel rails off, be ready for lots of fuel to come out. It's amazing how much the rails can hold. Aside from that, just be sure you lubricate the O-rings so they go in easily and don't tear. Other than that, it's as simple as pulling out the old ones and plugging in the new ones.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42s will give you room to grow for the head swap down the road. Some folk buy just enough injector for their current requirements and end up doing it again.
As mentioned, the swap is very straightforward. Just realize that as soon as the injectors go in, the tune should begin. Attempting to drive it anywhere is inviting trouble until it is tuned.