Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch issues?

forgive me if i sound dumb. i had the clutch go out on my Z some years ago and seem to remember the symptoms being much different from what i am now experiencing with my trans am, so i'm not sure if it IS the clutch.

basically the pedal feels spongy and does not always kick back out after being depressed. when i have the pedal mashed all the way to the floor it is still often difficult, if not impossible, to get in/out of gear.

when the clutch on my Z went out, i was still able to get the car in/out of gear without any issue and the pedal never really felt spongy. i would let off the clutch after having the car in gear and it simply felt like it was still in neutral (would rev up when i gave it gas, but without the car moving).

so what do you guys think?... is the clutch on my trans am going out, or is it something else?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try the drill mod. if you search it tons of stuff will come up to show you how to do it. and thats how my clutch started to get before it went out, but only when i heated it up alot. so i changed it and everything else you should change at time of new clutch and now i have no problems at all.