Public Storage Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Public Storage Story

My story:I rented a storage unit from them and this is how they treat me

I got a pricing from them for 1 dollar for the first month and 50% off for the 2nd month as advertised everywhere by them and there competitors,when i was finishing the deal they said it was no longer on the special by there books.I said iīll just go to the company down the road and rent there for that deal so the sale person asked me to hang on for a minute so she could call her manager to change this,He aggreedd to give me the 2nd month for the 1dollar special if i payed the 1st months rent for 50% off.All good and i signed on the contract.

The next day they tell me that they will not fulfill there promise for the 2nd month for a 1 dollar.i say ok i have signed the contract and they can not cancel the deal like that after i sign it,After 15 days they aggree to fulfill there promise and everythin is ok but on the 6th they lock it down because the next months rent is due

I rented the storage unit from them on the 15th of April and payed for the full month(30day period) on the 6th of May they lock my storage and tell me that i need to pay the next month because they rent based month to month.
I still have 15 days left of my previous rent so they should not be able to lock me out of it,well i say ok ill just pay the next month because itīs only a dollar but they have cenceled the deal and deny me for the second month and want full rent (250 $ for 10x20 storage unit)

Would you rent from this company?Iīm not going to do it again and iīm in need of a lawyer to stick it to them.Any suggestions from people that have had similar treatment and gone thru it with a lawyer?

thx

Last edited by Ari G; 05-15-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Today they told me to get my **** out of the storage unit and donīt even think about getting a lawer because they will just stall it for years

Nice company!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:15 PM
LS7 Member

Name and location of said terrible company?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

yes name and location. and dont let them intimidate you either. they broke a legal binding contract.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Name and location of said terrible company?
+3
Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

7715 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX, 77024
1-800-688-8057

www.publicstorage.com
Old 05-17-2009, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get your stuff out of there before saying anything. Then contact the BBB and file a complaint. Next step would be to file a complaint with the Attorney General. They know it isn't worth hiring a lawyer.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about businesses that treat people like that
Old 05-17-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

Wow.. I am SO SO SO not good at handling those types of situations. I truly fear one day that I will be put in one of those where the person wont fold against my aggressive "Don't you dare try to ******* pull this with me" attitude that comes with this types of situations, and I end up knocking out teeth and going to jail. I commend your patience.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS168Camaro
Get your stuff out of there before saying anything. Then contact the BBB and file a complaint. Next step would be to file a complaint with the Attorney General. They know it isn't worth hiring a lawyer.
^YES get your **** out of there and call the bbb.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

its hard to find a decent storage facility.
with fair prices
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will never use public storage again. My ex wife and I had one many years ago here in San Antonio. One night we were dropping off some boxes near closing time. They closed up and left while we were on the grounds even though they knew we were there. When we went to leave, the vehicle gates would not open. We tried calling them and of course no answer. It was a motorized gate so we pushed it to the side and were finally able to get out.

The next day we got a call from them asking how we got out. (the NERVE!) I told them we were able to slowly push the gate open and got out. They then threatened to make us pay the gate repair costs if it was broken. I asked how the %$##@ we were supposed to get our car out and they said if it was after hours it would have to stay there and we would walk or call a cab (WTF??????). I told them it wasn't even our car (it was my Father-in-law's truck). That same day we slipped back in and got all our stuff out because we KNEW something was fishy. Sure enough, they tried to bill us for the gate inspection (apparently we didn't break the thing, but they had to have it checked). When we told them we wouldnt pay they threatened to lock our unit up. I told them go ahead since we already got our stuff out...

Needless to say they send us a bill which went in the trash. Fortunately I never heard about it again...but the amount was small. I dont know what would have happened otherwise.

This was all 10+ years ago and still gets me irritated.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

My patience is not great so i just walked out before doing anything stupid

I havenīt spoken to them yet but cleaned out my storage,thinkning about just not speaking to them and seeing how that goes but yes people told me about BBB and i will contact them and My Visa company to freeze my payments.

I was going to buy a Camaro from LS168Camaro here when this BS happens,this really ticks me off.sorry buddy