Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SS took a smack to her face

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SS took a smack to her face

Ran into some dumb lady going to work this moring. Was driving on the right side lane next to the left full of dead stop traffic. Out of nowhere this bitch pops up in front of me and I slam right into her. The lady was in the middle lane trying to make a left into a parking lot. Guess someone in the left lane gave her space so she just took the turn without paying attention to the other lane of traffic. Thing is that I think this lady doesn't have insurance. She just so happened to forget it at home and tried to convince me that she would fix my car if I'd fix hers When I said no she said she knew someone that can get me a good deal so I can get it fixed with my money WTF??? I got all her info and thinking about getting a lawyer on that bitch. What do you guys think??? I'm ******* bummed and getting wasted tonight for sure

Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry. Maybe small claims court. If she doesnt have insurance then small claims may be your only answer. Hope you grabbed her full name and all her contact info...
Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow man that sucks, this isn't your fault it's hers.

I'd just have it fixed on your insurance if you have full coverage and have them go after her. I got rear ended by some 30ish lady without insurance a few years back and she tried to talk me into having her pay for the repairs out of her pocket, I not trusting her had my car fixed under my insurance and they went after her for the money. Last I heard the insurance company hadn't gotten anything. I may have had to pay my $250 deductible but it saved me a big hassle, my rates didn't go up either since it wasn't my fault. The way I saw it is that if the bitch couldn't afford to pay her insurance there was no way she could afford the 3.5K it cost to fix my car.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 4150
The way I saw it is that if the bitch couldn't afford to pay her insurance there was no way she could afford the 3.5K it cost to fix my car.
+1

let insurance handle, ur already paying them to handle it
Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you DID make a police report at the scene right?! if not hope you got some money to get it fixed, cuase you gonna have one hell of a time getting money out of her.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I have full coverage. I literally wrote down everything on the license from her name all the way to her height and weight I know fixing it is going to be expensive so she isn't going to pay for it plus I don't want to deal with begging for the money to fix my ****. My back is a little a little sore from this **** so that's why I was thinking about getting a lawyer. I'm thinking about not bothering with my back if I feel better tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

I called 911 and they gave me a call back saying that it wasn't necessary. Funny thing was that the accident was in front of a business building with lawyer, insurance, and realtor offices. So after about 20 minutes this lawyer guy comes out saying that his co worker had seen the crash and he could help me out. This douche straight out said, "Wow this car is strong!!! You damaged the other car really bad compared to ours. It has fiberglass huh???? That's going to be expense to fix she's not going to pay up. What year is it 88 89???, as he swings his keys to his Aston Martin
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
I called 911 and they gave me a call back saying that it wasn't necessary. Funny thing was that the accident was in front of a business building with lawyer, insurance, and realtor offices. So after about 20 minutes this lawyer guy comes out saying that his co worker had seen the crash and he could help me out. This douche straight out said, "Wow this car is strong!!! You damaged the other car really bad compared to ours. It has fiberglass huh???? That's going to be expense to fix she's not going to pay up. What year is it 88 89???, as he swings his keys to his Aston Martin

Call her in the mourning, tell here you need 500 bucks to fix your car and she wont here from you again, she just might pay, use the money for your deductable, you wont be lying cause she wont here from you again, only from your insurance co. from what you state its 100 percent her fault.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you have uninsured motorist, you're fine. If not, then give her a chance to pay up then quickly sue her in small claims. Your insurance company will let you know if she's insured or not once you give them her info.

Report the accident to the DMV, she will get in trouble for not having insurance if it's true.

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
you DID make a police report at the scene right?! if not hope you got some money to get it fixed, cuase you gonna have one hell of a time getting money out of her.
You're mistaken. He or his insurance will need to file an accident report with the DMV. A police report does not need to be done at the scene in an accident that does not result in bodily injury.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

you didn't get the police out there? big mistake if you go to court it's just going to be your word vs hers.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

A lot of departments now are not doing police reports for regular accidents anymore, LAPD only does a report if there is an injury, a hit and run, someone is arrested for DUI or there is city property involved.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by transambandit
A lot of departments now are not doing police reports for regular accidents anymore, LAPD only does a report if there is an injury, a hit and run, someone is arrested for DUI or there is city property involved.
why is that? i remember back in the day when i first went to driving school i learned to always call police if there looked like there was more than $500 in damage to either car.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
why is that? i remember back in the day when i first went to driving school i learned to always call police if there looked like there was more than $500 in damage to either car.
Probably because we dont want to waste paying officers for overtime during a civil matter, also insurance companies are paid by you to investigate your claim, not the police. If there is no crime involved we do not need to get involved.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by transambandit
yea i was in an accident in my car bout 2 weeks ago and when the cops showed up they said that because no one was injured they were not gonna make a report all i could do was get his info

But it was his fault . . . so i got his insurance company to pay for everything . . . and get me a freakin rental car for everyday that my car sits in the shop

Hope everything wrks out for u bro . . .

Quick Reply: SS took a smack to her face