Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bleeding clutch

Anyone tried this method?

http://performanceworks1.com/ls1_clutch_bleeding.htm

I have longtubes which seem to block bleeding from the tranny and I cant pull the headers before going to the track tomorrow.

Car drives normal around town but if I powershift it the clutch starts to stick more and more with each conscutive powershift. If I launch it usually by 3rd or 4th gear it gets so low I cant get into the next gear. If I get off it and just coast for 20-30 seconds it goes back to normal

Goin to the track tomorrow just to get some shakedown passes even though I know my times will be weak because I cant really launch or hit the shifts hard.

Hope to get it figured out and do the bleeding before heading out there. Even if I dont I'm still gonna run it the way it is and get a baseline
Old 05-16-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you figure it out, man, because I have the exact same issue (shifting). Though, for me, the problem only surfaced after my Cam install. I did the Drill Mod and I still have the same problem when shifting above 5500
Old 05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by W es 6
Hope you figure it out, man, because I have the exact same issue (shifting). Though, for me, the problem only surfaced after my Cam install. I did the Drill Mod and I still have the same problem when shifting above 5500
Saw my tuner at the track today and he said my clutch is probably toast