Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DP Jetting ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default DP Jetting ?

I am building a N.O.S. direct port or fogger I would like to know witch fuel jets should I youse for a 200 shot( Low pressure or high pressure) If I youse the low pressure fuel jets I will haft to put a fuel pressure regulater in line from the rail to the fuel solenoid right and if I youse the high pressure I will not.witch would be the best? I have a T-Rex inline fuel pump with 61bl. fuel pressure.If I youse the low pressure I would just need 8-10bl.would that help my fuel rail from starving out ?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I am building a N.O.S. direct port or fogger I would like to know witch fuel jets should I youse for a 200 shot( Low pressure or high pressure) If I youse the low pressure fuel jets I will haft to put a fuel pressure regulater in line from the rail to the fuel solenoid right and if I youse the high pressure I will not.witch would be the best? I have a T-Rex inline fuel pump with 61bl. fuel pressure.If I youse the low pressure I would just need 8-10bl.would that help my fuel rail from starving out ?
TTT for you i asked the same question
Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

28 is approx 200hp I believe. I run 28/28 with a lp fuel system on a NOSzle kit(same as any other DP kit jet wise)

I tried to regulate the fuel rail pressure down to 6-7 psi and had no luck with it. Tried aeromotive and holley regulators and both would creep, so I ran a complete low pressure system with a small cell. If you want to run off of the rail I would only drop the pressure to 43 psi and use NOS jetting chart which is...175hp 24/16-300hp 32/18...it doesn't show 200hp in my chart. You may call them. I just never could make the 50 something psi regulate all the way to 6-7 psi correctly, but it can be regulated to 43 easy (I think)

hope that helps somewhat anyway.

Shawn
Old 11-05-2003, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with the front mtd cell. it's the only way to do this accurately. not only are you able to run race gas in the small cell, the pressure is allways correct, and you've got common prooven jet sizes.

running a DP off of the fuel tee is asking for it. not only are you taking fuel away from your motor, potentially causing it to go lean, you wont be able to regulate the pressure as Sean mentioned allready.