Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry post maf plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dry post maf plate

who makes a plate that can be used to spray a dry shot post maf and then use the HSW interface to add the fuel? I know HSW makes one but does anyone else make one or can you use one from a wet kit?

thanks,
pete
Old 05-16-2009, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, any plate can be used as a dry kit.

Some people use both ports for dry, but I only use one and plug the other.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HSW is the only company that sells a dedicated Dry Plate kit. here is how I did mine. I used both sides and added a noid for dual stage. The others I have set-up I always put a "Y" or "T" fitting at the single solenoid and run a line to each side. IMO, we will get better distribution utilizing all of the holes in the revolutionary 360° spray pattern and when we use only one side we cut the hole count in 1/2. Many use one side with no known issues however. So the choice is really yours on how you would like the plumbing.

Robert
Old 05-18-2009, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

now that is one pimp setup ^
Old 05-18-2009, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vettett15
who makes a plate that can be used to spray a dry shot post maf and then use the HSW interface to add the fuel? I know HSW makes one but does anyone else make one or can you use one from a wet kit?

thanks,
pete
Pete,

Feel free to speak with anyone from HSW as we have quite a bit of experience in this area.

Nick
Old 05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by vettett15

thanks,
pete

Our plate is normally used for wet applications but you can use the fuel side for a dry shot if needed without a problem.

If you trust the method of using an external electronic device to compensate the fuel then you techically can use any single or dual wet nozzle or even a wet carb style plate to spray a dry hit.

-Chris

Last edited by Chris@NitroDaves; 05-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by Robert56
HSW is the only company that sells a dedicated Dry Plate kit.
Robert
Not trying to stir **** up or anything just asking a question and MAybe Nick or Matt can chime in.

Is it a completly redesigned plate soley dedicated for a twin dry shot or is it their normal wet plate but they just use the fuel side for a dry shot.

-Chris
Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chris@NitroDaves
If you trust the method of using an external electronic device to compensate the fuel
Chris,

Since you posted it maybe you could elaborate on this some more...
Nick
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Not trying to stir **** up or anything just asking a question and MAybe Nick or Matt can chime in.

Is it a completly redesigned plate soley dedicated for a twin dry shot or is it their normal wet plate but they just use the fuel side for a dry shot.

-Chris
Chris,

Not trying to stir up any **** either, but its my understanding that you save those tactics for emails...I have a few entertaining ones from a gentleman named Bill Henley. Let me know if you need me to post them here for ya.

Concerning the plate, yes it is used as a dual purpose unit. However certain aspects of the plate were altered while designing the plate for this exact purpose. Flowing nitrous on the fuel side of a plate that was not intended for it, is not something I would recommend and vice versa, I would not flow fuel on the nitrous side of a product.

Nick
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Chris,

Not trying to stir up any **** either, but its my understanding that you save those tactics for emails...I have a few entertaining ones from a gentleman named Bill Henley. Let me know if you need me to post them here for ya.
Nick

I still have all the emails too from the first one to the last one < I save every email thats mailed and sent > and i dont mind posting them and there is nothing bad or slanderous in them.

-Chris
Old 05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nick and Chris Before this goes any further I will step in.

If you guys have an issue with each other take it to pm.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Our plate is normally used for wet applications but you can use the fuel side for a dry shot if needed without a problem.

If you trust the method of using an external electronic device to compensate the fuel then you techically can use any single or dual wet nozzle or even a wet carb style plate to spray a dry hit.

-Chris
Chris, first off, to make sure, this is in no way, shape or form a personal attack on you. You are definitely a nice help to most, but sometimes when it comes to the dry technology you guys at NO are just unbelievable. When you consistently try to put doubts about the dry tech into peoples minds, well it just is not plausible, the arguments what you have put forth.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have heard, but I know where it comes form, lol. You use the same electronic device every day to run your n/a needs, the freaking PCM. That is what makes the modern technology of the dry system superior, we use the great technology that the great minds at GM came up with in their computers. We can now use the cars computer to completely control all fueling, all timing, all progressing, all injector sizes and so on. It works very well to control all these parameters day to day so why would it be any different for the spray; it is not. You guys need to wake up and realize technology is your friend, and it is not 1980 any longer, lol. Forty year old wet fuel solenoid carb inspired/based nitrous kits are becoming very dated, IMO, and many others feel this way also.

Also, I have copy and pasted your quote, the next time you pimp your companies electronics, I am going to remind you how you feel about adding on an "external electronic device", lol. Starting to see how lame that statement is, lol. It seems that every time you guys make that type of statement it's actually targeted toward the innovative and revolutionary "INTERFACE" and/or "MICROEDGE", even-though you don't have the sack to come out and say it. How do we know this? Well the only easy way to fuel an after the MAF Dry plate is to use the injectors and the Interface is the tool that performs this duty by utilizing advanced algorithmic formulas.

Let me tell you a story about this past weekend. Our annual NW TTi dyno shoot-out has been won four years in a row by the DRY Hits, for the sprayed category. The first year it even beat out all comers in over all numbers, the turbo(s), blowers and wet hits. This year it was won by a buddy of mine whom I had installed the HSW DRY plate kit and he was running the Interface and the MicroEdge. All I can tell you is, the add on electronics add to the over all safety and repeatability of any style kit. Would you like to see the trophy pictures, and/or car pictures of the set-up?

If anyone would like to know more about the Interface or the MicroEdge, I would be more than happy to explain all of the benefits and how to set them up.

Again Chris, this is not a slam against you personally, but rather an introduction to some tech debating. let the games begin.

Robert
Old 05-18-2009, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert,

With the permision of Harris to discuss this in a open manner I will be happy to.

Not looking for anything to get heated but if you want a good ole tech discussion I am up for it. It is not our product though and I do not want the facts I share to be recieved as slanderous. If Nick and Matt post saying its ok to have a in debt discussion I will post when I get some free time. If they do not I will move on and not post here again.

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Like you have some secret info, lol. I do know, and this has nothing to do with Harris, all the plates were tested and you would be surprised at the results. They are not all created equal and this was a 3rd party test. they are afraid of law suits, i guess, lol. I have been asked not to say anything, so I won't. However, the realm of our tech talk is not to target any product or company, so your implications make no sense to me? You want to debate dry again, no street/strip kit is going to work very well with out the Interface and that includes all dry kits on the market. that is where this thread was and is headed. now if you have some way to fuel the dry that i don't know of, lets here it? I doubt so though as i have tried most ways and the Interface is far and away the best and easiest way to fuel the dry.
Robert
Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Is an integrated Interface and Microedge in the works?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MrDrezzUp
Is an integrated Interface and Microedge in the works?
That would be nice, lol. The real problem is getting to many working options the wiring becomes a night mare, and set-up becomes more complicated.
Robert