Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fuel related but more FI specific. 120 low impedence..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fuel related but more FI specific. 120 low impedence..

Anyone running these 120 low impedence injectors from delphi ? I can't get my car to idle for the life of me and tried just about everything in the tune.
You name it think have tried it. Are these hype that they can actually idle on a street car. I can't get my afr out of the 10s at idle. Wideband is reading rich and car is flooding out and is hard to restart cause its flooded.

Its undriveable and untuneable ,only run it for minute or so as of course its not good for it to be so rich at idle.

I don't think its tune I think its injectors or dud aem box.

I have no idea what minimum pulsewidth is on these. Can't find any real specs. I set them to .8, .5, .2 and no real change in afr. Nothng makes sense. Have tried higher ifr, lower fuel pressure, dropping ve in idle range,
Am in 3 bar speed density. Tried two different 3 bar maps. No change pig rich idle. Its like my 3bar program isn't even working but did write entire and read check and it looks to be in there. I had the car humming with 60s and maf last fall. Now it can't even get out of the driveway! Appreciate any tips and help. Anyone that has run these 120s please give me tips and numbers to try out. I assume have to go smaller values on hptuners for min pulse width and default pulsewith but honestly don't seem to make any diff.

Anyone ever had their car go pig rich at idle and figure out why?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you known of anyone that has run these on an OEM EMS setup? And how low did you go with the fuel pressure?

Jim
Old 05-17-2009, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we have used several sets of them-great injector,last set was on a 231 v6,no idle problems at all
Old 05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
FormerVendor

I've used them with BS3 and they idle fine, never with a stock ecu.

With an APS car I would just run the high impedence ford 80's as they will certainly be enough.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

So what would a dud aem driver box do. Did you use aem and plug and play or versafueler? How about throwing me a few bones I live up in the stix not many ls1 tuners around here. So the injector work ok on small little six it must be something else maybe wrong with my car.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sending you a pm....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by INTMD8

With an APS car I would just run the high impedence ford 80's as they will certainly be enough.
They might be enough but was planning center cart upgrade to likely lg ones which are 60 pounds hr or 65 /hr . direct port don't come into the equation being wet shot.

Can the 80s be made to idle good with hptuners and stock ecu.I had 60s and they were cake.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

What fuel pressure are you using ?

A large cam can also play havoc if the injectors are larger than ideal.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Coal Mining Director

Do they lean back out if you rev it to 2500rpm and hold that rpm?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

We did get them to lean out from higher idle the 02s started to work again and we did see leaner afrs at least for awhile.

And we tried various fuel perssures wthout much success and various ifrs as well.
I think basically we have to get those pulsewidths to come down a bit but can't figure out how to get the pulsewidths down.

The cam is mellow 210/230 590/590 121 lsa. I had the car running great last fall with 60s stupid me should have stayed with 60s and maybe just pushed them with more fuel pressure.

I am very tempted to go to high impedence 80s and order them asap and sell of the 120s and harness and box.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6

Can the 80s be made to idle good with hptuners and stock ecu.I had 60s and they were cake.
Yes I've used them with the stock PCM and they idle clean. TT APS C6Z was over 900rwhp and these injectors were at 80% duty cycle w/58psi base pressure.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
We did get them to lean out from higher idle the 02s started to work again and we did see leaner afrs at least for awhile.

And we tried various fuel perssures wthout much success and various ifrs as well.
I think basically we have to get those pulsewidths to come down a bit but can't figure out how to get the pulsewidths down.

The cam is mellow 210/230 590/590 121 lsa. I had the car running great last fall with 60s stupid me should have stayed with 60s and maybe just pushed them with more fuel pressure.

I am very tempted to go to high impedence 80s and order them asap and sell of the 120s and harness and box.
Jim's right...the 80's are the ticket now..no box..plug and play.

If you want to fiddle a few more times...here's a few things I did to get the 96's to idle with a box a long time ago:

Set the IFR based on the formula on a slope if you're using boost referenced regulator....flatline if not...and leave it alone.

Drop the VE numbers in the VE table under idle parameters first and see if you can get a stable idle...if not...the injector offset adders are keeping the injectors open too long at small pulses and making the AF too rich regardless of the VE table.... now it gets fun...you have to guess tweek the offsets..

Drop the injector offset numbers in the voltage table first...you may find happiness here...if not...

Drop the injector offset numbers in the injector table for opening/closing time.

Those two tables you'll have to play with and drop the values until the injector is trying to open at too small a pulse and goes erratic..and the car won't start. The 120's "should" go down to 1.50ish and be stable.

Also start the fuel pressure at 40psi at idle.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INTMD8

this is a hard statement to make not knowing power level. i am going to run 120. cause 80s and e85 wont mix.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by onfire
Jim's right...the 80's are the ticket now..no box..plug and play.

If you want to fiddle a few more times...here's a few things I did to get the 96's to idle with a box a long time ago:

Set the IFR based on the formula on a slope if you're using boost referenced regulator....flatline if not...and leave it alone.

Drop the VE numbers in the VE table under idle parameters first and see if you can get a stable idle...if not...the injector offset adders are keeping the injectors open too long at small pulses and making the AF too rich regardless of the VE table.... now it gets fun...you have to guess tweek the offsets..

Drop the injector offset numbers in the voltage table first...you may find happiness here...if not...

Drop the injector offset numbers in the injector table for opening/closing time.

Those two tables you'll have to play with and drop the values until the injector is trying to open at too small a pulse and goes erratic..and the car won't start. The 120's "should" go down to 1.50ish and be stable.

Also start the fuel pressure at 40psi at idle.
Ok understood on most of that. we have tried ve and not much luck and tried zeroing a lot of tables even like min pulse width ,default pulse width,

no sure which is table for opening and closing time.are you talking hptuners here?
we have tried lower fuel pressure. I think you are backwards on the ifr. I put in straight across if have a boost referenced reg and slope only if dont??
At least thats how my 60s were tuned before went 3 bar and before had the boost referenced reg.

and we have got the 120s to like 1.4 but its not good enough We have got them briefly to around 1.1 and the o2s started to come back from dead and when they were working car sounded much better and afr came up for a bit but seemed something overroad our setting and pulsewidths came up and started overfueling.

But may got the high impedence if don't get these working and fast.
So are we talking the delphi 80s or the siemens 80s?
pintel versus disc and the delphi are more money but whatever money is not the issue right now getting my car to run right is.If don't get it running soon sellnig it and getting a c6 and leaving it stock.

So with the above delphi 80s I can just input ifr or do I still have to play with all those other tables ? The 60s were pretty much plug and play. Just set sloped ifr and they worked great.

I would love to see some files if any of you guys have some of low impedence 96 or 120s or 160s on hptuners.

Heck I would love to see some files of the 80s on hptuners.

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 05-18-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be in open loop with that setup. Wasting your time fighting the stock narrow band O2's. Set your open loop fueling table to 1.00 across the board over 140* ECT. Disable LTFT also.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought open loop was only for race cars .Didn't work so good on street cars with changing weather and all that stuff and mosty just for tuning.
Exploder you said you went negative in some numbers but don't seem my hptuners will accept that. try to put in negative they just go to zero.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
this is a hard statement to make not knowing power level. i am going to run 120. cause 80s and e85 wont mix.
Ok, there was no mention of E85 in the original post so saying the ford motorsport 80's will be enough on an APS car is not a hard statement to make.