General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

salvage title be insured for full price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default salvage title be insured for full price?

Im wondering what may happen if the ins company totals my car due to extreme rear qtr panl damage. when I buy it back and have it repaired and go to insure it will they insure it as if its a repaired good condition car? And if I get in another accident and it is mild to severe do they get to total it at the salvage car cost or is it considered like an unsalvaged car?
Hope that made sense. Imin the middle of this drama right now but if any crash after I buy it back and repair it just gets totalled out and paid out salvage price then Im going to take it to court and let my attorney handle it. If not Ill go ahead and do it and get it in the shop and get the work going! Thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has a salvage title and the insurance company never asked. All they require is a copy of the registration to insure it, not a copy of the title. If you repair the car it should be treated like any clear titled car by your insurance as long as it's repaired properly. Trade-in/resale value is another story.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Launching!

i know in the state of georgia you can get a rebuilt title after the car has been repaired by a certified body shop and you show ur tag office the receipts from the repair. and after i think a year registered as a rebuilt title you can then have it converted to a clean title but it will still show up on carfax. as for ur insurance company is concerned they just want ur money to insure it, but i know they will pay you full price if u were to wreck it again and you have the receipts as to where you had it repaired. just FYI ask ur insurance company if they have custom parts and equipment coverage if they do get it and pretty much whatever you do to the car (as far as improvements i.e. performance or styling) they will cover it, but if you just carry the standard policy they will only give you the blue book value minus your deductible.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they will insure it.

You are supposed to pay the same price for insurance on the car.

They should value the car at the normal cost in the case of an accident.

Insurance companies will tell you otherwise for obvious reasons.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Teching In

I have Esurance, they totaled my car and said that as long as I remain a coustomer of theres, I cant continue to have full coverage on the totaled car. Even after repaires.
I guess its all different depending on what state you're in and who your insurance company is.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

you just have to ask your insurance all companies are different