Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Questions about B&M ripper

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about B&M ripper

I just installed a B&M ripper shifter in my T/A, and was wondering about the placement, and if there is any adjusting I can do. Right now, 1st, 3rd, and 5th are very close to my cd player...I feel that if I slam 3rd hard, my fingers are going to crush against the deck, and not feel to good. 2nd, 4th, and 6th look and feel like N with the old Hurst unit...straight up, near dead center. I was wondering if that is normal.

Now then, another question I have is, is there a way to adjust the linkage, and make the shifts a little quicker? I feelt a old classmates 3v GTs new hurst unit, and he told me he adjusted the linkage..and it felt great. Very short, crisp shifts, not notchy at all. I was wondering if there was a way to make the engagement shorter, so the gears flow into gear easier. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b&m ripper.

Just installed a ripper in mine also. should have come with two sets of off set washers for stock ,forward and rearset placement. as for adjustment don't know. didn't see a way to do it when had my gearbox apart replaceing shift forks.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine used..so yea. I didn't see a way to do it either, but was wondering. Maybe I need to stop being a cheap *** and buy new .
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can put it further back with the offset washers

Quick Reply: Questions about B&M ripper