Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What(besides crash) causes door alignment issues?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What(besides crash) causes door alignment issues?

I know my car hasnt been crashed,But the doors line up perfect except for the top. If you are standing behind it the door sticks slighty over the quarter panel. The passenger side isnt as bad. Im looking to get it painted soon and wanna try and remedy this before then. I dont know if its a unibody thing or a common issue, as I see it on several other 4th gen F-bodies.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My '01 WS6 had an issue with the driver's side door misaligned in the front and it was hitting the front fender and it finally caught the outter skin of the door and it pulled off ever so slightly, but enough to annoy me (not to mention I'm **** when it comes to the slightest thing broke/misplaced on my car). I got fed up and sent it to the body shop and they fixed it. No fuss, no muss. I figured it was just due to the previous owner jacking it like an idiot on the fender and not the frame. That won't ever be happening again I can assure you... the nerve of some people ya know?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam2001WS6
My '01 WS6 had an issue with the driver's side door misaligned in the front and it was hitting the front fender and it finally caught the outter skin of the door and it pulled off ever so slightly, but enough to annoy me (not to mention I'm **** when it comes to the slightest thing broke/misplaced on my car). I got fed up and sent it to the body shop and they fixed it. No fuss, no muss. I figured it was just due to the previous owner jacking it like an idiot on the fender and not the frame. That won't ever be happening again I can assure you... the nerve of some people ya know?
Someone jacked it up in the wrong spot on this car too, thats what I'm thinking lead to it.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Had that on my pass side when I bought my car but I fixed it with a pair of vise grips. You would think people would relize it isnt a pinch weld. Plus look close it says "DO NOT JACK HERE"
Old 05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

I agree... Jacked on the fender, and/or pins/bushings!

Search this Thread