Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine guru's is what i want possible

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation engine guru's is what i want possible

ok so i now have the funds for a h/c swap. im shooting for 470-490RWHP. i have an 01 SS camaro m6. my mods are: GMMG, slp flow pack minus the smooth bellow, p/p tb. pro 5.0, LS6 Zo6 intake not the f-body LS6 intake, fidanza alum. fly wheel, fidanza 3.2 clutch. i plan on some fuel upgrades, also the motor has less the 5,000mi. will my stock bottom end hold up?

what heads should i get, AFR's, trickflow, i can get a good discount on dart products. i prefer assembled heads but if the gurus have a recipe for a stout valve train thats a plus. are there some ported combos that make some power, L92's LS6's.

what cam should i get, i have read many good things about the MS3 i like the power but i dont like the power range. i want something with a broad power range. would i be better off with a custom cut cam. since i live in california lobe separation cannot be too crazy, but i do want a nice healthy lobe sepearation the car isnt a d/d but i still want traffic manners.

since i live n california i plan on putting cats on the car so my COP BAIT status wont be so high.

COME ON PEOPLE i know there is a combo or recipe out there that can get me what i want or close to what i want.

sound clips of cams will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by My LS-won; 05-18-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Search. Read this, you'll need most everything listed here to hit upper 400's at the tires with a 346". Bring your check book.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...heads-cam.html
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

so you say you're from cali....and plan to run cats...does that mean you want to pass emissions?
or just a basic visual test?

the high rpm cams like the MSx cams are whats generally needed to reach your goals. although it might be possible with a slightly milder cam.

first thing though, you'll have to ditch the LS6 intake. highly doubtfull you'd make your goal with it. you'll need the added flow and power potential of the ported FAST 92/92.

i guess we need to know what kind of emissions restrictions you are planning.

but something like TFS 215s or AFR 205s with a cam like the MS4, TRex, Polluter or F15, plus a ported FAST intake, along with all the bolt ons (possibly even EWP), and you could probably be in the 480rwhp range.

you'll have to run top notch headers to boost flow since you'll be restricting it with cats.

what you ask is not easy.

honestly...for your goal...FI would be a better bet...or N2O. both will keep emissions at bay.

some ported 72cc truck heads, plus a supercharger should put you well into your range.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:18 PM
CARTEK Racing

You can hit your goals, but at others have said, it will have to he a high rpm cam. Yuo will have usable power down low, but the bulk of it will be from 4000 to 7000. Most of the cars I have seen that hi 500 H/C all had similar torque/power curves.

Your biggest issue is getting the engine to breeth well enough to make the power you want while choking it off with cats.

Also, if you stay with a 10-bolt and 3.42 gears you will get a higher dyno reading than those of us with gears more suited for racing Most have 4.10's I put down 507RWHP through 4.56 gears.