Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shortest 3" Bullet style muffler??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shortest 3" Bullet style muffler??

I was wondering if anyone knew who made the shortest 3" bullet style muffler. Max 4" case diam. Need to get rid of some rasp and have very minimal room for these. Thanks for your help. Shortest I could find was 12" case, 16.5" overall length DYNAMAX.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dynomax's ultra flow mufflers do a very good job of eliminating rasp. I ran a 3 inch inlet/outlet, 12 inch case, and 16.5 inch overall length. No rasp at any time. I ran it in two different locations and both had no rasp. Ended up running LT's, ypipe, straight into the muffler and a turndown. No extra piping anywhere and had alot of people that really liked the sound of it.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Marrow
I was wondering if anyone knew who made the shortest 3" bullet style muffler. Max 4" case diam. Need to get rid of some rasp and have very minimal room for these. Thanks for your help. Shortest I could find was 12" case, 16.5" overall length DYNAMAX.
I have a friend that makes some in his shop. I think he said the shortest he could make was either a 6" or an 8". He is currently talking with Summit I guess about getting his product carried by them.

Give me the length you want and I can ask him if he will make and ship a set or one? I think they have a good sound and I guess so did summit.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Benner
Dynomax's ultra flow mufflers do a very good job of eliminating rasp. I ran a 3 inch inlet/outlet, 12 inch case, and 16.5 inch overall length. No rasp at any time. I ran it in two different locations and both had no rasp. Ended up running LT's, ypipe, straight into the muffler and a turndown. No extra piping anywhere and had alot of people that really liked the sound of it.
any old pics by chance?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crossroads
any old pics by chance?
sound clip maybe?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

the 12 inch case is the shortest i have heard of.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't have any pics or vids of the set up but this was a different setup that wasn't bad but was just to loud under hard acceleration and right around 2700 to 3000 rpms had some rasp so I ditched it for the dynomax setup I ran.

This was Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow I pipe and over the axle pipe into a SLP loudmouth resonator. Idle sounded similar (crappy cell phone quality) but deeper and no rasp with the dynomax setup. Sounded beautiful on hard acceleration.

Quick Reply: Shortest 3" Bullet style muffler??