View Full Version : Ford GT Video from Top Gear

Will Clark
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/fluffy/.Public/TopGear_GT40.wmv

This video is well worth the wait and made me crack a huge grin.

Look past all the anti-american crap, he's just trying to piss us off.

sleek silverado
11-04-2003, 06:49 PM
I am not a Ford person, but I love that car! :drive:

PendragonZ
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
In fact, I think I just wet myself.

Yeah, if I had 150k, you better believe I'd own one!

IntenseWS6
11-04-2003, 08:34 PM
that is one badass car!! you gotta give it up to ford for building a car like that!

BigBronco
11-04-2003, 10:42 PM
god almighty, that bitch was bad ass. i remember when they started that concept. my grandfather workins in the World headquarters in detroit. so i hear about concepts way before the public does. that thing is bad ass and sounds so good!

Vendetta
11-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Very nice car. It seems to perform like a 350k Ferrari, for less than half the price.

sickfive55
11-05-2003, 04:07 PM
daaaaamnn just slap a bow tie on it and im sold! :smokin: (either way im sold) :razz:

Excal
11-05-2003, 10:26 PM
i was already sold but this thing is...just too good.

and those were compliments to america in the 60s.

Cheatin' Chad
11-05-2003, 11:03 PM
This man loved that car almost as much as I do.The Ford GT40 was the first "supercar" I fell in love with.I like the GT even better.

I would sell my organs to own that car. <- Not a joke

I don't give a shit what anyone says. Ford has a fan in me for stepping up to the plate and showing what it can do on a world stage. Make no minstake Ford did this for bragging rights. Ford did this for us, the American car guy.Even though very few of us will be able to own this car we can all take pride in the fact that it is beautiful and performs as well as it does.

I don't see GM doing this for the fans.

distortion_69
11-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Just think.. Bob Lutz said a new version of the Corvette will suck the doors off the gt40! Its almost hard to imagine that being possible as good as this thing performs..

Keith
11-06-2003, 01:49 AM
I wold like to offer my services to compare the rumored new 'vette and the GT40. I would probably donate a kidney for that car, you only need one and I dont drink. :D

Will Clark
11-06-2003, 11:36 AM
I think we've stepped into another horsepower war.

SScam68
11-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I think we've stepped into another horsepower war.
are you kidding, we're right in the middle of it!! :usa:

Excal
11-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Ford did this for us, the American car guy
no ford did it to stick it to chevy and specially chrysler an dthe viper.

this was originally was gonna be sold in europe only, where the laws are free enough u can actually enjoy a car like this properly.

MarineBlue03GMC
11-07-2003, 11:57 AM
personally I would still want a ferarri. Ferarris dont need superchargers to make serious power. THe ford needs a 5.4L engine with a supercharger just to make its power.

I dont care how fast or powerful the this GT car is. Its still a ford. :barf:

Excal
11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
you'll pay twice as much and get your ass handed to u. it'll be a spank-a-thon.

At least you'll know how Enzo felt in the late 60s.

this car is far superior than the modena, no question.

i'd like to see a nice Top Gear comparo between this and the Gallardo.

Cheatin' Chad
11-07-2003, 05:04 PM
no ford did it to stick it to chevy and specially chrysler an dthe viper.

this was originally was gonna be sold in europe only, where the laws are free enough u can actually enjoy a car like this properly.

How so? Neither Chevrolet nor Chrysler make "supercars".The Corvette and Viper will not be competing against the GT.

In my opinon they did this for the same reason they did it in the 60's. They did it because they can and they are proud of their company and what it can accomplish.The GT is a "halo" vehicle.It was built so young boys will get a poster or a model of it and grow up wanting a Ford instead of a Ferrari. The prestige of this vehicle will spill over to their entire product line. Vehicle manufacturers have been doing this for decades.

Excal
11-07-2003, 05:57 PM
How so? Neither Chevrolet nor Chrysler make "supercars".
exactly. That's something ford is rubbing in the competition's face.

The viper was king in america, until the GT. itdoes cost 70k more than the viper or so.

The reason they did it in the 60s was to beat Enzo Ferrari...They even had the Brittish build it. Ford tried to buy Ferrari, and Enzo clowned them at the last second claiming he wanted to keep the "racing" part of ferrari. Ford was pissed.

this was the 60s..and until shelby stuck his hand in for the GT and the mustang, Ford had no muscle.

This is also to boost Ford as a make overall..specially when they can claim they have the best performing car in america period.

Wyckedcamaro
11-07-2003, 09:47 PM
ok i will sell the wife and buy the ford.

Now normally I would never buy a ford but 2 things
1)- I get rid of the wife
2)- I get a GT and not MUSTANG GT.

Keepin the LS1 and the 69 CAMARO SS THOUGH.

~Steve~

maddboost
11-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Regardless if you love or hate ford this car does one thing. Bends over the Italians, the Germans, the British(do they still make cars), and the Japanese and sticks it to them raw and hard. All while leaving some change over their competitors. I fully believe we need to stop these silly Detroit crosstown bickerings between Ford and GM and need to turn our horizons to the real enemy at hand for the American automakers...Europeans and Japanese.

titanium barchetta
11-08-2003, 08:33 AM
personally I would still want a ferarri. Ferarris dont need superchargers to make serious power. THe ford needs a 5.4L engine with a supercharger just to make its power.

I dont care how fast or powerful the this GT car is. Its still a ford. :barf:

My God, I knew someone was gonna post this ignorant crap about Ford "needing" a supercharger.........what a moron. I guess Ferrari doesn't know WTF they are doing either. Take a look at the F-40 and tell me they "needed" turbos you tard! :judge:

Excal
11-08-2003, 09:34 AM
^agreed.

i mean...picture being in a modena yelling "i don't need a s/c" from 10 cars back.

unit213
11-08-2003, 11:18 AM
That is a badass car no matter how you look at it. Too bad it's so pricey. You get what you pay for though.

Chris- We're still faster. ;)

BigPlanTransAm
11-12-2003, 04:57 PM
something is wrong.. the link doesnt work for me :(

Sheomet
11-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Those Top Gear videos are awesome. :hail:

1dirtyZ
11-12-2003, 05:48 PM
link doesn't work for me either. :(

skippytheloon
11-12-2003, 11:40 PM
no video?
guess we missed it?

Will Clark
11-13-2003, 04:07 AM
the file was huge but worth it, someone host it. I'd be willing to send it over AIM a few times.

1CAMWNDR
11-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Damn I guess I missed it :bang: .