Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How to strip paint from intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to strip paint from intake?

I recently bought a LS6 intake that was drilled and tapped for NOS nozzles and it came painted a funky silver/grey color.

I tried stripping the paint off with some acetone, but it really doesn't work too well. Is there anything else that would pull it off? Or should I just go ahead and sand it down and repaint it another color.

If repaint it, what color would look good under the hood of a white car? I really don't think a white intake would jive real well. I was thinking about going with either a dark grey graphite color, or a pewter color to sorta match the color of the block. Most of it is gonna get covered up by the nitrous plumbing, but it'd be nice for it to look good at the same time.

TIA!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've used a product called Citri Strip - something like that. It is bright orange, and will take off paint without damaging the plastic. Very messy and nasty to your skin. It will take quite a bit of time and patience to get it completely clean. More than like will have to shot it with a caot of paint to get it lookng nice again though.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say sand it down and repaint it the color of your choice. Go with the graphite color idea.

Quick Reply: How to strip paint from intake?