Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

About 12-disk changer

Old 11-04-2003, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question About 12-disk changer

I've just got one for my 02 SS but it only came with the mounts, what else do i need, plus part#'s would help also.

Thanks,
Kenny
Old 11-05-2003, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Im sure if you go to any car audio shop, they can hook you up with what you need.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

If it's a factory changer, then pull the driver's side rear plastic panel off. The one that covers your rear 4" speaker. I'll bet that the wiring is coiled up under that panel. I think that most of our cars came pre-wired for changers even if they didn't come with one. All you have to do then is mount the changer and plug in that wiring harness to the changer and you're ready to rock and roll.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigvic
If it's a factory changer, then pull the driver's side rear plastic panel off. The one that covers your rear 4" speaker. I'll bet that the wiring is coiled up under that panel. I think that most of our cars came pre-wired for changers even if they didn't come with one. All you have to do then is mount the changer and plug in that wiring harness to the changer and you're ready to rock and roll.
Thanks for the info and yes it is a factory unit

Search this Thread