Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Harlan 2 step problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Harlan 2 step problems

Hey fellas, I bought a harlan 2 step from a member on this site, I hooked it up and it worked perfect for the first couple of times, but the last time I took it to the track, it started acting up, I had it set for 5k and once I hit the momentary switch to activate it, it stutters like it is supposed to but then drops out and lets the ECMs rev limiter kick in at like 6k +. If I hold the momentary switch (keep it pushed in) the rev limiter works like it is supposed to. Anyone ever have this problem
Another problem I have is that My service engine soon light is on, I had it read at Autozone and it was giving all kind of ignition coil codes, I tried to disconnect the battery and ECM for over an hour, and the service engine soon light came right back on at startup, took it to autozone again and the same coil codes. But as far as I can tell the car runs as good as ever,

anyone know if this is common, Or maybe harlan is still around and can maybe repair this thing.
Thanks guys, I paid 180 bucks for this thing used, because everyone says it is such a nice piece, hate to have this problem.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is that garbage about? I see you just joined, let me extend a Hello and welcome to you, and a lil bit of advice, I have a question that can be answered by someone on this site (I am sure), that is why this site is great, I can obtain and share info, But what you posted is junk, Others and myself do not care for it very much.

But to the true members with experience I do have the problem in my post and any Help will be appreciated.

Last edited by RARON455; 05-21-2009 at 07:16 PM.