Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flexplate and coil questions

Old 05-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default flexplate and coil questions

first question, I bolted my new TCI flexplate up to my 6.0 and inserted the spacer to use my th350 converter. It doesn't come with any kind of spacer "plate" like the factory type flexplate does. I'm hoping because it's a flat plate that the spacer isn't needed(I don't see how I could use it anyway) just wanting to make sure that my converter stays far enough in the trans to keep the pump engaged. Any advise?
second question, I want to relocate my coil packs inside the car along with my msd box. It's just cosmetically cleaner to not have them there plus I want to get a set of a/m valve covers anyway. My question is this, I know the MSD doesn't care where it's at but as far as locating the coils that far away from the plugs, will I have any problems with spark loss or delay due to the wire now being 20" long vs. a stock 8" wire? The possible delay in timing I can compensate for in the MSD by writing more advance in(if it's more than a millisecond or so) but I'm more concerned about possible lost energy at the plug. Hope it's not a dumb question............
Old 05-22-2009, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Electricity travels at the speed of light. 8" vs 20" isn't going to make any difference that's measurable
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just use a good set of wires, check the Ohm ratings... Search on the forum as the subject of wire has been talked over a few times. Here is one.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...y-results.html

Search this Thread