Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small vacuum line

I'm in the middle of an LS6 intake swap and I can't get the small vacuum line disconnected from the back of the intake. I think this is the only thing preventing me from lifting it up and pulling it forward. I already got my hands on the 2 sensors on the back of the intake. There are only 2, right? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

The only things back there are the oil pressure sending unit and the map sensor.

just work them loose they will come off. They are just pushed on there with no clamps or anything. LOL
Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Launching!

I already took care of the sensors getting them disconnected. The line feels like a plastic line running from the elbow that the sensors are on. It looks like it runs to the passenger side of the car.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes that is a vacum line. it will come unhooked
Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
I already took care of the sensors getting them disconnected. The line feels like a plastic line running from the elbow that the sensors are on. It looks like it runs to the passenger side of the car.
Yep thats a vacumm line goes to your HVAC controls and should come right off, the trick was getting my huge hand back there. Make sure you get it hooked back up well too or you will have no HVAC controls. If I remember right it will stay on the floor no matter what setting its on.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Finally got it off. It was a real ******* **** to get to. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the sensor off the back of the actual intake now that I have the fuel rails off. Any tips? Can't find it on the ls1howto write up.