LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How to delete the evap container

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to delete the evap container

in the back of the left rear quarter panel i dont need it anymore and want it gone...can i just rip it out??

isnt there lines that need to be capped off and still be vented?
does any0ne have pics of what it looks like above the gas tank to show me a detailed pic of how to remove it and which lines to cap off?

thanks
Old 05-22-2009, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

if you do that you need to have it tuned out of the computer as well or else it will pop an engine code immediately! I dont think it hurts performance if you dont, but I HATE the damn SES light. If you do, I suggest having it tuned out.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 AM
On The Tree

LOL my line broke so I unplugged the sensor in the back. It popped the SES with no problem, so I figured I would delete it. Well less than a half mile away I was pulling away from a stoplight and my car backfired Insanely loud, and killed itself as i coasted to the shoulder. I thought for sure I toasted the engine for it shook the entire car. Luckily it was just backfires. I am assuming it just dumped a bunch of raw fuel in the intake??? Well anyways, started right up but with the evap code lol and i have been driving on it ever since.

Moral of the story. If you delete it make sure you tune out the code.

Quick Reply: How to delete the evap container