Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Plug for LS6 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Plug for LS6 swap?

I've got the block off plates for the AIR and EGR spots on my headers but I've been reading about a vacuum plug for somewhere else in the AIR system? Any truth to this and if so, where is it that I need to plug?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Seriously? No one knows?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

I know there was a thingamajidge one of the AIR lines went into on the back of the intake. Very small, required a small hose, I just plugged mine with a small screw as others did. Are you running an LS1 or LS6 intake? If it is an LS1 intake, you will need to put an expandable freeze plug into the top of the intake right behind the Throttle Body. There should be a hole there from where you removed the EGR system, hope that helps. LS6 intake and you should be ok, there will be no hole. If you don't have an LS6 inatke, get one, excellent gains for the price!
Old 05-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Launching!

It's an LS6 intake that's going onto the car.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the small vacuum line on the back of the intake control the HVAC system. Dont plug that up.

you need 2 block off plates on the headers for the AIR system, and for the EGR you need a block off plate on the headers and a freeze plug on the IM
Old 05-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayerized6
the small vacuum line on the back of the intake control the HVAC system. Dont plug that up.

you need 2 block off plates on the headers for the AIR system, and for the EGR you need a block off plate on the headers and a freeze plug on the IM
Where does that freeze plug go on the intake manifold? The thing is back in the car and I just finished the swap. Took it for a test drive and it ran fine from what I could tell. It idles a little higher on startup and lasts for maybe 3 seconds then drops to normal.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99T/A_Marine
Where does that freeze plug go on the intake manifold? The thing is back in the car and I just finished the swap. Took it for a test drive and it ran fine from what I could tell. It idles a little higher on startup and lasts for maybe 3 seconds then drops to normal.
the freeze plug goes on the 97-00 LS1 manifolds. it goes where the EGR is supposed to go.

the idle is normal. its the pcm just trying to relearn the idle. if it goes down after a few seconds, i wouldnt worry about it.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slayerized6
the freeze plug goes on the 97-00 LS1 manifolds. it goes where the EGR is supposed to go.

the idle is normal. its the pcm just trying to relearn the idle. if it goes down after a few seconds, i wouldnt worry about it.
Thanks man. Sounds like I'm all set then. Time for a tune within the next few days.