2SS/RS 2010 Camaro thoughts, opinons, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro thoughts, opinons, etc...

Bought my wife a new 4-dr Jeep RUBICON today @Ron Carter, afterwards we strolled over to check out the new Camaro. They had a couple of v6's on the lot and a 2ss/rs, they look better in person. The 2ss/rs was black with some crappy looking graphic stripes (would look better without). Ron Carter is selling them for $5k over they said and the 2ss/rs's are going for $50k he said. I just can't see $50k for this new Camaro, granted the nostalgic look and all the bells & whistles are tempting, the LS3 is awesome, but I think a little patience over the next couple of years will pay off on these Camaros. I wish they would have done a little more with the lines, it's very streamlined but still missing something, not even sure what exactly but the dimpled rear quarter panel ribs could have been a little more aggressive (real brake vents maybe). For $50k the C6 vettes much less the $80k Z06s were sure looking nice side by side.

Just thinking outloud here. Oh one thing I did like was the seats, man they are comfortable.

So what are everyones thoughts after seeing this car in person?

Last edited by -PEPE-; 05-23-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: I said so
Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -PEPE-
Bought my wife a new 4-dr Jeep RUBICON today @Ron Carter, afterwards we strolled over to check out the new Camaro. They had a couple of v6's on the lot and a 2ss/rs, they look better in person. The 2ss/rs was black with some crappy looking graphic stripes (would look better without). Ron Carter is selling them for $5k over they said and the 2ss/rs's are going for $50k he said. I just can't see $50k for this new Camaro, granted the nostalgic look and all the bells & whistles are tempting, the LS3 is awesome, but I think a little patience over the next couple of years will pay off on these Camaros. I wish they would have done a little more with the lines, it's very streamlined but still missing something, not even sure what exactly but the dimpled rear quarter panel ribs could have been a little more aggressive (real brake vents maybe). For $50k the C6 vettes much less the $80k Z06s were sure looking nice side by side.

Just thinking outloud here. Oh one thing I did like was the seats, man they are comfortable.

So what are everyones thoughts after seeing this car in person?
i know exactly what you mean on something missing. i plan on changing the area where the fake gills /vents are. itll be opened up on mine and a open vent like on the c5 z06 with trim surround and screen. ill use it as rear brake cooling. the back bumper needs work too. im buying a new factory piece and having it modded to look more like the concept and sealing of the backup light holes and relocating those. and getting rid of the rear lip that pokes out a lil at the bottom.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
i know exactly what you mean on something missing. i plan on changing the area where the fake gills /vents are. itll be opened up on mine and a open vent like on the c5 z06 with trim surround and screen. ill use it as rear brake cooling. the back bumper needs work too. im buying a new factory piece and having it modded to look more like the concept and sealing of the backup light holes and relocating those. and getting rid of the rear lip that pokes out a lil at the bottom.
Sounds pretty slick Joe, I bet you're beside yourself trying to be patient.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Did Ron Carter give you a good deal on the Jeep? The 4-door Rubicons look great with a small lift and some 35's.

I've never cared for that dealership.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

i went up there yesterday also looking for one. dealer told me that and i laughed and told him he could have a nice day. Ill find a dealer with one willing to sell it for msrp.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Did Ron Carter give you a good deal on the Jeep? The 4-door Rubicons look great with a small lift and some 35's.

I've never cared for that dealership.
Excellent deal, bought my 07 Rubi @Allen Samuels couple years back but they were not willing to price budge on two of the Rubi's they had, even with them being on the chopping block, they got beat and really bad at that. This is hers next to my 07 Rubi.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wicked 98z
i went up there yesterday also looking for one. dealer told me that and i laughed and told him he could have a nice day. Ill find a dealer with one willing to sell it for msrp.
Yeah they are stupid about their pricing for those no doubt, plenty of suckers paying it though.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah they are stupid about their pricing for those no doubt, plenty of suckers paying it though.
plenty of them there to pay it. and when they realize that the car isnt for them or is not their thing. they then sell it or trade it in at a big loss. good deal for people like us looking for a bargain!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

plenty of them there to pay it. and when they realize that the car isnt for them or is not their thing. they then sell it or trade it in at a big loss. good deal for people like us looking for a bargain!
Agreed, hopefully the one you ordered won't be $50k as this Ron Carter salesman told me ALL OF HOUSTON'S DEALERSHIPS WERE CHARGING...I didn't want to argue with him after reading various posts on here on dealerships charging MSRP.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Not true. Im in the process of getting a new SS and Ive found 2 dealerships that will sell at sticker!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Not true. Im in the process of getting a new SS and Ive found 2 dealerships that will sell at sticker!
Well that's what I've read on here, like I said didn't feel like arguing with this yahoo.

Which two dealerships are selling @sticker?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Well that's what I've read on here, like I said didn't feel like arguing with this yahoo.

Which two dealerships are selling @sticker?
if he talked to same guy i bought mine at then its Norman frede chevrolet off bay area. and classic chevrolet in southwest houston.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Brett,

I think the only color available for sale to people named Brett who owned a former 97 Z28 is black.

Neil
Old 05-26-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Brett,

I think the only color available for sale to people named Brett who owned a former 97 Z28 is black.

Neil
i think he needs to get one. but a body in white to turn into a drag car. pepe part 2.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Munday has them for less. http://www.munday-chevrolet.com/inve...make=Chevrolet
What is the difference from a 1ss and a 2 ss?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

i think he needs to get one. but a body in white to turn into a drag car. pepe part 2.
Lmao not another pepe .
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

if he talked to same guy i bought mine at then its Norman frede chevrolet off bay area. and classic chevrolet in southwest houston.
i was gonna say frede also, my dad works there so he kinda gives me the scoop on that stuff
Old 05-27-2009, 12:00 AM
12 Second Club

doooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit brett!!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Munday has them for less. http://www.munday-chevrolet.com/inve...make=Chevrolet
What is the difference from a 1ss and a 2 ss?
i could be wrong but i think its all appearance stuff. because i know they both have the same drive train (obviously) and the brembo brakes come standard on the v8. so that leaves it to appearance stuff.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

...repeat to self...I don't need another Camaro...I don't need another Camaro... I don't know the new camaro is ok, the c6 or z06s impress me a little more, but I'd be lying if I said a new black PEPE II wouldn't be cool. All I'd want would be longtubes, CAI, tune, not even a cam...ok a mild cam...ok a more aggressive than mild cam...but that's it....no more...I'd put a fork in it...call it done...