Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Problem need help

Old 05-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default APS Problem need help

Ok i bought a kit for a good price. Turns out some parts were missing. ( only things I've found missing are.

the Heat sheilding ( all of it)
the lower air dam/diverter thing.

I've called APS and some woman said "email us" i emailed them they get no response what so ever. Is someone here a dealer. or am i at the mercy of a company that is going to be jerks. If so I don't want their equipment i'd rather have something i can get service on.

thanks

steve
Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

man get rid of it take it from me. unless you can get the better turbos for it. i wish i could do it over again.
id go with a front mount single turbo or large CID engine
just my 2 cents
Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know they don't sell any replacement parts. They seem to be pretty awful with customer service.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

You need to email there sales department. They'll get back with you on that email. Just give them the part numbers and how many you want and if they have it, they sell it to you. Some parts for some reason there not getting anymore..
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
As far as I know they don't sell any replacement parts. They seem to be pretty awful with customer service.
I bought replacement parts from APS a few months ago !It wasnt a big deal at all !Theres a 6 or 8hr diffrence between us and them from the eastern US here ,You gotta call the operator and get the US to australia 2 number code before you dail the number to get threw and theyll take your order right over the phone!! I ordered beefyer inlet hoses and some new oil return lines and some stailless piping that i messed up trying to fix the sway bar issue LOL
Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Try to replace one of your turbos.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Any way i can no the Price before i order? in either dollars? i can convert.

as for calling i already called them. ( your country codes are in the phone book also) but it's on the aps website.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I don't know whats up, but APS website has been down for several days. Bob

Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at www.airpowersystems.com.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm could be changing site, could be out of business maybe try the phones.

As for heat shielding you can get the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated going to do mine next time have them off the car and the turbo exhaust housings as well. I don't like those razor sharp heat shields much. Starter heat shield well not sure what you can do there if its that one. Maybe that smaller msd starter won't need shielding if it can take high heat.

As for other pieces might have to fab things up. Thats a problem with buying used over new. New you get every nut and bolt but you pay more. Fortuneatly most stuff in the kit is generic,tial wastergates, etc but they do have some specific to them parts as well. Their exhaust manifolds,their piping,etc. So hoping they do stick around so person can get some spare parts if needed otherwise might have to buy another used kit just to have backup.Or go to other system down the road if a critical part broke that couldn't get replacment for. next time around likely go with more top mount type of setup.I want to see my turbos!

So be following this to see whats up.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Teching In

I am the guy who sold him the kit. It was never installed, i did take all the stuff out of the original boxes. I never moved it out of the garage. What baffles me is how things ended up missing, maybe they were never there to begin with or somebody just walked in my garage and snagged something. I have not gotten a response either, i would like him to have everything. Hopefully this is resolved soon, i will email you after this weekend is over Steve....or maybe i will give you a call to see what the gameplan is going to be.

But yes i notcied the website is down too.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

There website is back up, I just logged into it. Bob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APS Problem need help