Gen 5 Racing Tech - LOL @ 2010 Camaro

View Full Version : LOL @ 2010 Camaro

ZeroFear
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I havn't seen any 2010's driving around at all yet. I've seen tons of 2009 mustangs so far.I wondered why no one was purchasing these cars until I saw mid 30s for a V6. LOL @ that. An 02 Z28 fully loaded was like 25K. good luck GM!

Platinum WS6
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
all the dealerships around here are selling at sticker price, no mark up

ULTIMATEORANGESS
05-26-2009, 04:24 PM
mid 30s mustve been loaded. the one i saw was 28k and looked worth it. i wouldnt pay over 30k for a v6 camaro.

JayplaySS2
05-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Tell us how you really feel :D

LS1BLKSS
05-26-2009, 04:36 PM
i seen one in person... just yesterday... at the drag strip :) 2010 SS camaro M6

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm274/LS1BLKSS_photo/104_1188.jpg

Flaring Afro
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
The camaro is much better looking than the mustang... and dealerships around here cant get enough of them. They never have any on lot - people take dibs before they get here. Also, the ls1 camaro was basically a stripped down car with a good engine while the new camaros have more luxuries to them. They are not the same market. Its more in the birds/gto territory.

Ravenous T\A
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
14,000 presold through GM, mostly all instock lot units are above sticker right now....there is hardley any markup from invoice to MSRP from GM so dealers are selling them for as much as they can right now. Oh yea the V6 Camaro will out run the new GT stang...sad

Build #1
05-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Mid 30's....LOL...... Maybe if you get the 21 inch wheel option. If you dont know the facts why even speak dude. I haven't seen a 304hp SIDI V6 2LT car with the RS package for over 31k MSRP!!! I haven't seen a 2010 Mustang on the road yet, and I work at a Chevrolet dealership right up from the Ford dealership. Theres more technology in the valve cover of that 3.6 than that 4.6 entire motor. lol

Flaring Afro
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM
I actually saw a new mustang the other day... but it depends on the dealer and area on pricing. Since there arent any to even see in my area, I wouldnt be surprised if they were selling for that much here. Supply and demand.

demarco313
05-26-2009, 05:07 PM
14,000 presold through GM, mostly all instock lot units are above sticker right now....there is hardley any markup from invoice to MSRP from GM so dealers are selling them for as much as they can right now. Oh yea the V6 Camaro will out run the new GT stang...sad

Yea with Mods.. stock for stock the mustang wins. But hey thats what we have the SS for

R W B
05-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Mid 30's....LOL...... Maybe if you get the 21 inch wheel option. If you dont know the facts why even speak dude. I haven't seen a 304hp SIDI V6 2LT car with the RS package for over 31k MSRP!!! I haven't seen a 2009 Mustang on the road yet, and I work at a Chevrolet dealership right up from the Ford dealership. Theres more technology in the valve cover of that 3.6 than that 4.6 entire motor. lol

Since YOU dont know what your talking about why even speak? They have a bunch of people in other threads about the new Camaro saying that the V6s are going for well over $30k. Just simply look in the other threads and see for yourself.

Build #1
05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Since YOU dont know what your talking about why even speak? They have a bunch of people in other threads about the new Camaro saying that the V6s are going for well over $30k. Just simply look in the other threads and see for yourself.

I sell them Bro, I sell them.............With out Mark Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hear yourself........what other people say

SS02
05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Ive seen them in person, and at bruce lowerie here in Texas you can get a 2LT/RS for 27,800. I went to nichols ford and seen the 2010 Mustang (buy the way, the 09s are not the new body style) and for the deluxe GT it was 34k, thats not even the premium. For the Premy the guy said around 38k. WHAT EVER lol. I can buy a 2SS/RS for around 38k. IT depends on where you live and the dealers. You think because you see a couple threads that all dealers are marking up. The new mustangs look pretty good, just no where near as good as the Camaro or challenger.

Build #1
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
I think the Mustang maybe a better buy than the Challanger, Just for the simple fact of stangs handling. I have driven Challengers and the are kind of hefty

01FbTaWs6
05-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Here they are also selling at sticker. You can pick up a V6 camaro for 25k and the ss I cant remember what they had on it. Its cheaper then ive seen em going for other states though.

ZMONSTER!
05-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Mid 30's....LOL...... Maybe if you get the 21 inch wheel option. If you dont know the facts why even speak dude. I haven't seen a 304hp SIDI V6 2LT car with the RS package for over 31k MSRP!!! I haven't seen a 2010 Mustang on the road yet, and I work at a Chevrolet dealership right up from the Ford dealership. Theres more technology in the valve cover of that 3.6 than that 4.6 entire motor. lol

not quite dude, saw one just as you describe for 36 grand. Amazingly it sold within a week (like 3 days later saw it driving around).

I dont know how people are willing to pay soooooo much for a v6 pig? Just dont get it.

Oh well my next car is going to be a 65 impala, screw the new stuff.

CETAWS6
05-26-2009, 06:02 PM
not quite dude, saw one just as you describe for 36 grand. Amazingly it sold within a week (like 3 days later saw it driving around).

I dont know how people are willing to pay soooooo much for a v6 pig? Just dont get it.

Oh well my next car is going to be a 66 impala, screw the new stuff.

I agree. I don't know why people are willing to buy a v6 for 36 grand. People are going to do what they want with their money but I sure as hell aint gonna spend 36k on a v6. I guess it's because they want to be the 1st group of people to get it and have bragging rights. That's cool too. But with a car that puts out 304hp/270tq and it's heavier than a 4th gen fbody, hard for me to justify spending that kind of money on it.

98LS1Formula
05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I just bought a 2SS for $36,995, 0 mark up

ZeroFear
05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
All you have to do is go online and look at autotrader or ebay. Tons of V6 models selling for 30s. I remember when the new camaro was first announced, people all thought the SS was going to be 30K. :D

firechicken_98
05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
All you have to do is go online and look at autotrader or ebay. Tons of V6 models selling for 30s. I remember when the new camaro was first announced, people all thought the SS was going to be 30K. :D

And it should have been $30k for an SS. Just look at the G8 GT's. When those came out you could get a fully loaded one for $34k sticker. Now, I think you can get one in the high $20's. The G8's are much nicer cars than the Camaro IMO.

I won't buy a new Camaro for what they are asking. For a couple K more, I could have a C6 or a slightly used C6Z. GM should be selling these things for cost considering how much money we the taxpayers have given them (yes I say given them considering they will be filing chapter 11 in the next week or so).

Dan
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
From the beginning GM said they had to sell 100,000 Camaro's a year for it to be profitable. How long will they be selling them? I don't think they are going to hit 100k in sales. But they are going BK anyway, pretty much doesn't matter.

jmoody66
05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I saw my first one this evening. Talked to the guy...he paid 36k....V6. He said that there are a few dealers that have em in the DFW Tx area and the assholes have done the market adjustment crap on em. Hopefully those dealers will be ones that are phased out.

jmurray87
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I havn't seen any 2010's driving around at all yet. I've seen tons of 2009 mustangs so far.I wondered why no one was purchasing these cars until I saw mid 30s for a V6. LOL @ that. An 02 Z28 fully loaded was like 25K. good luck GM!

I have seen more then plenty 2010s, and have maybe seen a couple 09 mustangs. I am sure the mid 30s V6 you saw was a fully loaded one...you can get a base SS low 30s easy...Also a a 02 Z28 FULLY LOADED was NOT 25k....more like 30k or so. That and you need to add in price inflation to today's cars compared to a car for sale 8 years ago.

People dont seem to understand, Dealers for ANY car brand not just GM do dealer markups...Ford dealers do it with mustangs as do dodge dealers do it with challengers. It's not hard to find a dealer selling at retail price you just need to look.

ReedBooth
05-26-2009, 11:20 PM
We sold our first Black GT for 10k over sticker 2 weeks ago. There's always an initial 6 month markup before the initial demand has been met, and then the supply catches up with it.

kennyxg
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
BRO WITH ALL DUE RESPECT YOU MUST BE STARVING!!!!!! 31K FOR A V6 ANYTHING WTF!!! LOL!!!:barf:I sell them Bro, I sell them.............With out Mark Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmurray87
05-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Chevy dealer near me has a 1SS Camaro yellow for 31k.

http://www.moritzchevrolet.com/New-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=27838992

I have seen it, it was there today with a bunch of people around it..

another for 35k
http://www.vandergriffchevrolet.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=f6c5fc4e7f000001008def5d7b63 ba4f&useHistory=true

See, not hard to find one for MSRP...

WS6HUMMER
05-27-2009, 02:39 AM
I just bought a 2SS for $36,995, 0 mark up

I'm looking into ordering a 2SS for the wife. Did you get any other options, RS, 21" wheels?

I did some searching around and figured with the added options I would pay about 42ish. It would be nice to pay less though.

redz_02
05-27-2009, 03:52 AM

Fully loaded Z back in 02 was 28K. I should know, I bought one, but what is 3 grand right. Most SS were for well over 30 grand. One SS I looked at was 34K, fully loaded from GM with the 1400 dollar CME added and 300 dollar floor mats. Much better built car for roughly the same price. Only difference is that you could strip down the SS or Z for around 24K.

Build #1
05-27-2009, 09:20 AM
It doesnt matter what people on autotrader or ebay are asking.... I sell the 2010 Camaro and without markup.... you can get a 2LT with RS package 30,900. Add ground effects and a $4400 21 in wheel package and yes you can push the V6 to the Mids and higher 30s. I have 2LT no RS for under 30K. Fact.

98LS1Formula
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm looking into ordering a 2SS for the wife. Did you get any other options, RS, 21" wheels?

I did some searching around and figured with the added options I would pay about 42ish. It would be nice to pay less though.

it has the dealer installed stripe pack, painted engine cover and a custom car cover with it so basically $1k in options, no RS or 21" wheels oh and its a A6 automatic

Build #1
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
BRO WITH ALL DUE RESPECT YOU MUST BE STARVING!!!!!! 31K FOR A V6 ANYTHING WTF!!! LOL!!!:barf:

LOL, I am glad that people actually will pay that for a V6 car, Unlike you and me. I would opt for a 1SS for 31k. But some people like bells and whistles, and you say 304 hp, they hook up. Plenty of 200hp V6 Camaros were sold,

NemeSS
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
more than likely i will buy a v6 but in a few yrs. from now. when i can just go get it cash. and swap in ls with th350:D

Schantin
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
There will always be dealers who are douches and looking for max profit.

The Chevy dealer here is selling for MSRP, but I would not buy from them based on their attitude with these cars. It seems a "hot new item" really brings out the a$$ in salespeople, despite the economy. I went in to look at a SS on the showroom. I asked the salesman if I could look inside and under the hood. I had told him I wasn't buying one on the spot (just looking)and he said..."sorry, it's locked" and walked away without ever looking back. He added as he was leaving that the Camaro has an engine cover and therefore I wouldn't know what I was looking at.....

Lost my future business. BTW, this was Holiday Chevrolet in Williamsburg, Va.

sprayed5oh
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Local dealer around here wants 32k for a base v6 with 18" wheels.

CETAWS6
05-27-2009, 12:16 PM

The Chevy dealer here is selling for MSRP, but I would not buy from them based on their attitude with these cars. It seems a "hot new item" really brings out the a$$ in salespeople, despite the economy. I went in to look at a SS on the showroom. I asked the salesman if I could look inside and under the hood. I had told him I wasn't buying one on the spot (just looking)and he said..."sorry, it's locked" and walked away without ever looking back. He added as he was leaving that the Camaro has an engine cover and therefore I wouldn't know what I was looking at.....

You see, that's piss poor attitude from that salesperson. With that kind of attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having to find another job. It's good they sell them at or below MSRP, but that don't mean anything since that salesperson refuses to conduct business in a professional manner.

TWS
05-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I asked the salesman if I could look inside and under the hood. I had told him I wasn't buying one on the spot (just looking)and he said..."sorry, it's locked" and walked away without ever looking back. He added as he was leaving that the Camaro has an engine cover and therefore I wouldn't know what I was looking at.....

I would have flat out said to his doucebag face "Your shitty attitude is going to be posted on the Internet".

BigBake
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Also a a 02 Z28 FULLY LOADED was NOT 25k....more like 30k or so.

You are smoking crack! Base price for a Z28 was 22k, fully optioned out barely hit the 25K mark. My SS at invoice was 26K and if you fully optioned an SS out you would see 31-32K. There was no combination of options that would add up to 8k or more to get a Z28 in to the 30K territory, other than the SS option.

jmurray87
05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
You are smoking crack! Base price for a Z28 was 22k, fully optioned out barely hit the 25K mark. My SS at invoice was 26K and if you fully optioned an SS out you would see 31-32K. There was no combination of options that would add up to 8k or more to get a Z28 in to the 30K territory, other than the SS option.

Even if you are right, you need to think of price inflation over the past 8 years....you are paying the same for the SS now as you were for one back then.

CAMJAG
05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Considering people are paying over 30k for a v6 camaro must mean guys like you and me arent and general public is. :thumb: to GM building a car people want... Did you ever think it would happen?

NemeSS
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
im not gonna pay for 30k for a basic v8 or decked out v6.
i bought a brand new 02 ht ss. built my cred. other than that i will get a 5th gen cash. no more notes for me.
i hope alot of the v6's sell. so i can find one for a good price 3-4 yrs. from now:D

Stangkilr
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Funny as how we have sold for 5k over sticker every single one of our '10 Camaro's here at my work. 4 SS's and 3 v6's. The large Ford dealership next door hasnt sold ONE 2010 Mustang. Hell couple have been setting on the lot for over a month. Missouri ppl must be smart.:D

z28hustle
05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
The only ones I've seen in houston were v6's and were priced at 40k. i laughed at them and was happy that i had already decided that if i was going to get one then it would be at least 2 years or so after they came out. unless of course i were to get the body in white deal but then they dont want you to drive it on the street.. what a bunch of haters...

kain01
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
It doesnt matter what people on autotrader or ebay are asking.... I sell the 2010 Camaro and without markup.... you can get a 2LT with RS package 30,900. Add ground effects and a $4400 21 in wheel package and yes you can push the V6 to the Mids and higher 30s. I have 2LT no RS for under 30K. Fact.

That's a shame cause I can build that car on Chevrolet's website for 28,825 (2LT with no options but RS). So you have at least a $2000 markup. Which isn't bad, but still a markup. I realize that's basically covering the delivery charge, but still. My buddy is about to buy a brand new car (cash mind you) and I can't talk him into any Chevrolet because you can get a comparable Toyota, Honda, and Nissan cheaper.

kain01
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Every new Chevrolet dealership in Lexington, KY has given me the same attitude. God I hope they are all shut down in the dealership layoff's, I'd gladly drive to Richmond just to be treated like a human being when I walked in.

LittleMT
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I sell them Bro, I sell them.............With out Mark Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a clue for you, your dealership doesn't speak for the rest of the Country.

kennyxg
05-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I mean no disrespect I sold cars for 8 years,just venting I guess I know how tough car sales can be good luck!LOL, I am glad that people actually will pay that for a V6 car, Unlike you and me. I would opt for a 1SS for 31k. But some people like bells and whistles, and you say 304 hp, they hook up. Plenty of 200hp V6 Camaros were sold,

BigBake
05-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Even if you are right, you need to think of price inflation over the past 8 years....you are paying the same for the SS now as you were for one back then.

I am right, but I am not disagreeing with the rest of your statement just that a 2002 Z28 never MSRPed at 30K or more.

It is however correct to point out the lack of inflation of price for a V8 model, although many will argue that since their is no true base V8 that GM has priced inflation at 8-13K more over a base V8 from 8 years ago. But if you use a 3% average over the years it comes out to 28K, seems like a bargain once you add all of the new features that cost more than the basic items the previuos models came with.

team39763
05-28-2009, 04:24 PM

LOL. One time I went into a Dodge dealership and let them know I wanted to finance through my bank, but they insisted on running my credit. After about 5 or 6 of them had a good laugh at my credit score, they told me I couldn't drive, ride in, or even look at the truck I wanted to buy. And then they told me I could look at the display model(truck cut in half) on my way out the back exit.
I was kinda wanting to go check out either a new Camaro or new challenger, but that experience left me kinda bitter about dealerships.

silplu83
05-28-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/build.do

IndyZ28
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
$21,900 out the door for my stripper hard top Z28 in Feb. 2001. Decently optioned Z's with T-tops were going for $26,000, but they would usually drop $2,000 right off that price if you asked for a quote online. I did it a dozen times till I found the stripper model I wanted.

SS02
05-28-2009, 07:38 PM

ITs funny, actually I was talking to buddy who had his 02 Z/28 out and we were talking prices compared to todays Camaros. He said he tipped over 30k for his and Mine being a 35th LE SS was near 40k brand new----are you going to argue the 35th LE Price?

Looked up the prices for a new 2002 Camaro Z/28-SS and for Base Models it was 22k Coupe - 29k Droptop and then the listed the 35th LE at 34k.

joblo1978
05-28-2009, 09:36 PM
2 Camaros in the springs here are 30k+, without 21" wheels or ground effects. It's those paddle shifters I think that really up the tag. I didn't look at the sticker, but they can get up there. I wouldn't pay that much for a V6 that's for sure!

Just because one guy doesn't sell them for markup, doesn't mean other's aren't. Why not charge that much if idiots are willing to pay it?

joblo1978
05-28-2009, 09:38 PM
That's a shame cause I can build that car on Chevrolet's website for 28,825 (2LT with no options but RS). So you have at least a $2000 markup. Which isn't bad, but still a markup. I realize that's basically covering the delivery charge, but still. My buddy is about to buy a brand new car (cash mind you) and I can't talk him into any Chevrolet because you can get a comparable Toyota, Honda, and Nissan cheaper.

Who would buy a car from a motor division that's about to go belly up?

427C5
05-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry guys,
I just sat in the new Camaro today and I can't find ONE good reason to buy that PIG unless you are buying it for nostalgic reasons.

The Camaro is now a 4,000lb PIG built on the G8 sedan body and it has ZERO room inside.
I'd keep a 98-02 Camaro or buy the new G8, but there is NO way I'd buy a new Camaro.
At least the G8 has 4 doors and a TON of room inside and a lot of storage as well.

GM better get their act together and rebadge the G8 as a Chevy.
If GM lets the G8 die in the U.S. market,
it will be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made.

BigBake
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
ITs funny, actually I was talking to buddy who had his 02 Z/28 out and we were talking prices compared to todays Camaros. He said he tipped over 30k for his and Mine being a 35th LE SS was near 40k brand new----are you going to argue the 35th LE Price?

If it is a convertible I could care less because they do not make a 2010 convertible model currently so therefore you have nothing to base the comparison with. They only make a coupe currently and that is what we are talking about a coupe price and comparison for price inflation was made with the 02 Z28 model coupe.

Finally I could really care less for your LE car, it is not even worth a mention in the conversation because of its limited run and special markup for what amounts to a bunch of badges, plaques, and unique stitching in the seats. Once again there is no LE 2010 car so I am not sure what your point is.

I mentioned the price of my SS coupe as a comparison to show where the Z/28 coupe typically left off and where the SS coupe prices typically took over, it is possible to see a slight overlap. But if you paid 30K for a Z/28 coupe then you got taken for at least 5K which was unheard of in 02 because they were giving them away at invoice.

redz_02
05-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Sorry guys,
I just sat in the new Camaro today and I can't find ONE good reason to buy that PIG unless you are buying it for nostalgic reasons.

The Camaro is now a 4,000lb PIG built on the G8 sedan body and it has ZERO room inside.
I'd keep a 98-02 Camaro or buy the new G8, but there is NO way I'd buy a new Camaro.
At least the G8 has 4 doors and a TON of room inside and a lot of storage as well.

GM better get their act together and rebadge the G8 as a Chevy.
If GM lets the G8 die in the U.S. market,
it will be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made.

They are, it's the up and coming Lumina SS.

http://www.autoblog.com/tag/Lumina%20SS/

ThisBlood147
05-29-2009, 08:17 AM

Hmmm, conflicting reports a little. As I understand it, the G8 (if it does get brand swapped) will become the new Impala in the North American market. It's called the Lumina overseas. And I'm hoping I'm right, because a FWD V6 sedan wearing the Impala badge has always been a travesty in my mind.

Build #1
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Here is a clue for you, your dealership doesn't speak for the rest of the Country.

That was exactly MY point in the conversation......... but that ok I take this as your clue.

and how could have a Neon as your profile pic when you have a Sick GTO....lol :confused:

Build #1
05-29-2009, 09:05 AM
http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/build.do

:D Clue #2

havocnmayhem2005
05-29-2009, 09:30 AM
As long as we are talking about pricing on these compared to 4th gens, everyone is talking about an 02, that was the 5th year of the LS1 4th gen, and they were trying to sell them. A similarly options 98-99 car had a higher sticker price. I have a 99 Z28, base interior, hardtop, very few options at all, base 16 inch z28 wheels. Original sticker price still in glove box $27,700. This is also an Auto, with 2.73 gears. The 6-speed and SS packages would put that about 33,000 for the time. I think the 2010 V6 and V8, even though I cannot currently afford one, is a good deal. Go buy a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with track pack and all options...somewhere around 38-40k. Go buy a 2SS Camaro with all options. Somewhere around 39-42k. It is a little more, but not by much. Don't base it off of seeing a v6 rs with every little thing on it going for 33 and be like "holy shit, a v6 sells for that much, My god, GM is crazy" No the person who buys that shit is crazy, or just likes nice features on a car. You can get a base V6 car with hardly any options for like 24k. That's a deal to me.

P.S. My Mother just bought a 2009 Mustang with Most* options for over 28k, that was sticker price. You can add shit all day long.

427C5
05-29-2009, 11:47 AM
:D Clue #2
I think I know what you are talking about.:D

But, please explain.:angel:

I know all about it, bro.:angel:
But, I'm saying GM NEEDS to bring it to the U.S. :)

proporio
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Funny as how we have sold for 5k over sticker every single one of our '10 Camaro's here at my work. 4 SS's and 3 v6's. The large Ford dealership next door hasnt sold ONE 2010 Mustang. Hell couple have been setting on the lot for over a month. Missouri ppl must be smart.:D

They can't be very smart if they are paying 5k over sticker, in fact they are quite stupid to pay that much over sticker.

Will the stealership you work at be one of the GM dealerships that are closing because of GM's reorganization and bankruptcy?

SS02
05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
If it is a convertible I could care less because they do not make a 2010 convertible model currently so therefore you have nothing to base the comparison with. They only make a coupe currently and that is what we are talking about a coupe price and comparison for price inflation was made with the 02 Z28 model coupe.

Finally I could really care less for your LE car, it is not even worth a mention in the conversation because of its limited run and special markup for what amounts to a bunch of badges, plaques, and unique stitching in the seats. Once again there is no LE 2010 car so I am not sure what your point is.

I mentioned the price of my SS coupe as a comparison to show where the Z/28 coupe typically left off and where the SS coupe prices typically took over, it is possible to see a slight overlap. But if you paid 30K for a Z/28 coupe then you got taken for at least 5K which was unheard of in 02 because they were giving them away at invoice.

Upset eh..... I didnt pay 30k for a Z/28, he did, Im just going off the information he gave me, maybe your right.. Who cares actually. I was just throwing out the LE price because you made it sound absurd to pay a price over 30k for a 02 camaro. On that note....are you saying that EVERY Dealer in America was selling the 02s at invoice....you mean the 35th Anniversary Camaros, not just the LEs but the Last of the Breed at that moment and time. I mean the last of the camaro as we knew it......... YOUR GOOD. lol no hard feelings bro, but im sure you dont speak for every dealer in america in 2002.

Good times

rkinney
05-30-2009, 09:52 PM
As I understand it, the G8 (if it does get brand swapped) will become the new Impala in the North American market.

It should if GM has a clue. They could probably sell the shit out of them for the simple fact that police departments would go back to a RWD GM over the Crown Vics. They only went to Crown Vics when GM quit making the Caprice. I would also rather have a G8 GT or Impala SS over a Camaro, and I have been a Camaro fanatic all my life.

SS02
05-30-2009, 09:59 PM
I cant remember the state, but the G8 is already being tested for Police use and Chevy is going to rebadge it the Lumina. Ill try and find the article again sorry

mach1337
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
i know you guys are gonna grill my @** for this but here goes any way. why spend 30+k on a camaro v6 or ss when you can get a used vette for the same. if i was gonna spend 40k and it was between a camaro or mustang sorry guys but i would have to get me a gt500 for that much:D just my personal preference. i do love me some ls1's tho....

rayhawk
05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
I cant remember the state, but the G8 is already being tested for Police use and Chevy is going to rebadge it the Lumina. Ill try and find the article again sorry

There was a discussion about this at camaro5, and Scott Settlemire even chimed in. Now he doesn't make all the decisions, but it sounded like GM will not be saving/rebadging the G8 for the US market. He said sales have been too slow and didn't think there was a good chance to save it. I hope you are right and they do figure something out, seems like a shame.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20212&highlight=save+g8

Found this too:
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/163AD4D8E1002739CA2575A6001F0097

427C5
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
There was a discussion about this at camaro5, and Scott Settlemire even chimed in. Now he doesn't make all the decisions, but it sounded like GM will not be saving/rebadging the G8 for the US market. He said sales have been too slow and didn't think there was a good chance to save it. I hope you are right and they do figure something out, seems like a shame.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20212&highlight=save+g8

Found this too:
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/163AD4D8E1002739CA2575A6001F0097

I've been following all of that.

Either way, GM needs to get their head out of their ass and save the G8.

ThisBlood147
05-31-2009, 04:44 AM
It should if GM has a clue. They could probably sell the shit out of them for the simple fact that police departments would go back to a RWD GM over the Crown Vics. They only went to Crown Vics when GM quit making the Caprice. I would also rather have a G8 GT or Impala SS over a Camaro, and I have been a Camaro fanatic all my life.Even better timing right now, since the Crown Vic is soon to be history as well.

383ss
05-31-2009, 06:08 AM

does being retarded make it harder to use a computer?

like has already been pointed out http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/build.do

there are hundreds of dealers selling for MSRP. they are not hard to find.

383ss
05-31-2009, 06:20 AM
As long as we are talking about pricing on these compared to 4th gens, everyone is talking about an 02, that was the 5th year of the LS1 4th gen, and they were trying to sell them. A similarly options 98-99 car had a higher sticker price. I have a 99 Z28, base interior, hardtop, very few options at all, base 16 inch z28 wheels. Original sticker price still in glove box $27,700. This is also an Auto, with 2.73 gears. The 6-speed and SS packages would put that about 33,000 for the time. I think the 2010 V6 and V8, even though I cannot currently afford one, is a good deal. Go buy a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with track pack and all options...somewhere around 38-40k. Go buy a 2SS Camaro with all options. Somewhere around 39-42k. It is a little more, but not by much. Don't base it off of seeing a v6 rs with every little thing on it going for 33 and be like "holy shit, a v6 sells for that much, My god, GM is crazy" No the person who buys that shit is crazy, or just likes nice features on a car. You can get a base V6 car with hardly any options for like 24k. That's a deal to me.

P.S. My Mother just bought a 2009 Mustang with Most* options for over 28k, that was sticker price. You can add shit all day long.

no way in hell your 'base' Z was 27,700. they were more like 22k. I had a loaded 99 SS and it was around 28k.

they got more expensive every year, they did not go down in price.

darrensls1
05-31-2009, 06:33 AM
i hope alot of the v6's sell. so i can find one for a good price 3-4 yrs. from now:D

I hear you. I've never bought a new car and probably never will. I wait till the car is 3-5 years old, find a good one with 30-50K miles and haggle a decent price.

I'm just not sold on the weight, IRS and interior. I'll eventually find my good deal on a V8, but it'll probably be on a C6 Vette :D

SS02
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
no way in hell your 'base' Z was 27,700. they were more like 22k. I had a loaded 99 SS and it was around 28k.

they got more expensive every year, they did not go down in price.

If he still has the price in the glove box I dont see how your going to argue his statement. Do you guys think that just because where you live a certain price is presented and it covers the united states as a whole?

jeffs93z28
05-31-2009, 01:46 PM
i saw a 2010 ss in beckley WV yesterday at lewis chevrolet for over $52,000. It said $42,000 and then had exactly $10,000 added at the bottom for something and a woman was going to buy it. I could not believe how much they wanted. thats about $16-20,000 more than i think it should be.

20SS07
05-31-2009, 06:33 PM
As with any new car like this, some dealers won't mark them up, others will mark them up as high as they can until people won't be willing to pay anymore. Personally I couldn't see spending that much on a V6. Those people obviously just want one for the sake of wanting one that bad.

As for a few pages back saying about the V6 vs a new Stang GT. Given equal drivers, there's probably a second between the 2 cars. Maybe it would keep up, but given complete driver failure in the GT the V6 Camaro isn't going to win as good as that powerplant is. Unless someone wants to chime in with actual races from the track. And it will all be irrelevant once the Stang gets the new 400hp powerplant next year it will easy give the SS a good run then since now with only 315 hp they're only a few tenths behind.