Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pro-Kit or Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Question Pro-Kit or Sportlines

I can't decide which would be better suited for me, so I need your opinion/help.
Car is 2001 WS6 daily driver. I have a set of QA1's ready to go on but stock springs are too tall. Eibach web site say Pro-Kit = 1.2" front/rear Sportlines = 1.6"front / 1.4"rear.

What have you guys experienced as far as settling with these sets?
Will the 1.2" drop from Pro-Kit be enough for the QA1's?

I plan on doing headers in the future and don't want to be draging them along

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 11-06-2003, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're planning on doing longtubes, definitely don't go for the Sportlines. My drop with ProKit springs was 1-5/8" at all 4 corners. Most get at least 1.5" from it. Sportlines will likely drop you closer to 2" and the Eibachs are a soft enough spring that you will be bottoming out the rear even with just the ProKits. I imagine it would be even worse with Sportlines.

Based on my experience, of the two Eibach options, I would highly recommend the ProKits over the Sportlines unless you're strictly after that slammed look for some reason.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, So I can expect about 0.3" of settlement in the ProKit Springs. then I guess I need to know if close to a 1.5" drop will be enough for the QA1's

Anyone else.........
Old 11-06-2003, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

My prokit definately dropped my car more than was advertised. I would say an easy 1.5" up front, and 1.75" rear (at least). If you're going longtubes, I would definately stay away from the sportlines. By the way, the drop I mentioned is what the springs sat at when I installed them. I didn't experience any noticable sagging with time.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2003, 01:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree w/ the others, you'll run into problems if you get the sportline's. I have a couple friends that are regreting having those springs and long tubes. Especially with SLP's longtubes. The SLP LT's sit approx. 1 inch lower than my hookers! . Go w/ the pro-kit most definetly!
Old 11-07-2003, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

My prokit dropped me 1.7 front and 1.5 rear.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the sportlines and love them. I wouldn't change them for anything and LT headers aren't a problem at all if you do your research and get the right ones. I pretty much never bottom out with me sportlines, you just have to be a careful driver and know what you can and can't take. Pacsetters with a custom y-pipe will fit good .

SLP headers have the worst ground clearance, so it was just dumb for those people to get those and lower the car that low. If I had SLP LT's I would be worry about it being any lower than stock.