Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Interface Q's

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HSW Interface Q's

I have an 02 ss with around 440rwhp.....Im looking to purchase an HSW dry plate kit, my questions are about the supplied interface.....I'm running 27 degrees of timing N/A i know this wont fly with nitrous will the interface pull the correct timing out of the box? or will it have to be programmed? Is a complete retune necessary? I know alot of people on this site use the interface, if you could let me know what you think of it and or the entire HSW dry plate system that would be great also.Thanks in advance....
Old 05-27-2009, 06:43 AM
FormerVendor

On a F-Body LS1 it can pull 3 degrees right out of the box. It doesn't require a complete tune to pull more timing than that...only the one table needs modification. Most shops won't charge you a full tune price to modify it unless there are other areas of the tune that need help.

Nick
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

So i'm guessing 3* wont be enough.....will tuning the table take any of my N/A power?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1stIDFO
So i'm guessing 3* wont be enough.....will tuning the table take any of my N/A power?
Depends on the shot size. You can run 24* all the way up to a 150 shot safely.

Thats the beauty of it, it won't take away from your N/A hp. Anything else let me know.

Nick
Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

OK so is it going to be like a plug and play for me... it will pull the timing for me? and your saying it will be safe at 3* for a 100 shot I'm sketchy about doing all this for safety's sake..........Thanks for all your help Nick!

P.S the fact that I already am pushing almost 440 rwhp doesn't change anything right?sorry to keep bothering you man I just want it to be as safe as possible!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the beauty of the Interface, it will not and does not effect the n/a tune in any way shape or form.

The first pic is a screen shot of my stock Z06 table. So you can see by choosing different temps as target with the dip switches, we can pick a couple differnt amounts of pull. You won't be using the lower half of the table at WOT and a few rpms, so the max in each column is what you will see pulled if you log the results. Your table is slightly different and IIRC, is posted in the directions.

The second screen shot is my pull for a big shot and the temp I target. If i was going WOT and the motor was still cold 158 degrees, it would now pull 12degrees of timing, no worry, it won't hurt anything. But when spraying my big shot, it will pull this same amount at wot and any load present.

Logging you will see something similar to this for total WOT timing. We can see the nitrous activation at 3200rpm and the load at which WOT timing pull began. Compare this load value to the above stock table and we can see the lower load values won't come into effect:

Robert