Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New lonnies system is working great.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up New lonnies system is working great.

I got my car running finally with my new lonnies fuel system.It is his twin intank setup with hobbs switch to trigger second pump on with boost.It has telfon 8 an feed and 6 return and boost referenced reg and bigger rails and good filter.
All is working good and now can go wot with my car was afraid to last year as was on 60 pound injectors but stock pump.

Lonnie gave me great service and guidance .No complaints.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it is working out for you.
Give me a call about your tuning/injectors when you get a chance.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had the same problems as you, not enough fuel to support the blower and his dual pumps solved my fuel problems too. Final test in 10 days when I can finaly get a retune and see what she makes above 5k rpms. Good luck on your tuning too.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Your plate says 1000 HP but you run 60# injectors? The math don't add up.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I have direct port nitrous with up to 300 shot capability so injectors don't count in the nitrous hp But realstically if can run 650rwhp on the 60s then could top it up with say a 200 shot if you see what I mean. The plate was originally a bit of a joke. It was my goal hp of 1000 engine hp. The twin turbos I have can hit 1000 engine hp max and the nitrous 300 max would be 1300 max .
I did buy 120s from lonnie but installed them and had cam sensor problems which switched my car to batchfire mode from sequential.The 120 low impedence won't run on batch fire can't get the pulsewidths low enough and we tried everything. When the cam sensor problem was fixed the 120s work fine ,idle fine. But threw in the 60s as wasn't 100% sure the cam sensor problem was fixed and didn't want to get stranded.
The car can run in batch fire with the 60s. So have the power down anyway right now maybe 650 engine hp and not using the spray right now.
I was planning to go to 80s if don't use the 120s again. 80s are of course the highest you can go in high impedence.

The 1000 hp was never meant to be rear wheel hp. Most average people only think in terms of engine hp. But as said could easily get to 1000rwhp now with mix of spray and boost.
Also considering a turbo upgrade over winter to 1200 engine hp max turbos. I would just run lower boost and less spray to achieve my 1000 engine hp with the bigger turbos. I am not sure how much a 6.0 iron block can take.Much past 1000rwhp would feel much better with a LSX block. Maybe next time around if the 6.0 comes out sell it to buddy and do LSX 427. That was my original plan but scaled back.

Anyway sorry to ramble. you are correct on the injector sizing the 60s are temporary.
But wet kits don't have any demand for bigger injectors.Dry nitrous does.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to hear its all working out for you man! im nearing the completion of my car hopefully get it running with in a week or so! alot of thanks to you for helping me with questions. it helped alot!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

sorry to interupt the thread but i cant seem to find any pics of what the lonnies dual pump ls1 kit looks like. just need an idea before i order it.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

I should have snapped some pics before put it in my car. Lonnies should take some pics. Basically you send him your bucket. Only thing that was not crazy about. Maybe lonnie can give people core option for more money think the factory assemblies are about 300 bucks . Anyway he installs the twin pumps and wires it all and fuel sender works like stock.
Very nice and drop in plug and play .

And yeah no problem on helping out 02anti. My car seems to be running good right now and pretty darn impressed and happy with it.At least this week! LOL Never know with cars.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I should have snapped some pics before put it in my car. Lonnies should take some pics. Basically you send him your bucket. Only thing that was not crazy about. Maybe lonnie can give people core option for more money think the factory assemblies are about 300 bucks . Anyway he installs the twin pumps and wires it all and fuel sender works like stock.
Very nice and drop in plug and play .

And yeah no problem on helping out 02anti. My car seems to be running good right now and pretty darn impressed and happy with it.At least this week! LOL Never know with cars.
wow, i was unaware that he wires everything up. thats awesome. makes things so much easier. i like to take pride and do my own work but any time i can get a hand in doing things(because i work on other peoples crap all day) it makes it that much nicer.

i guess ill be giving lonnies a call before summers end!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I try to make the install as easy as possible. It is fully tested & ready to install. When you receive it, the pump is proven to work & hold pressure.

Feel free to call me for more info.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

does it come with directions for us newbies that are willing to tackle the project? btw, is the hobb switch a relay? i guess its a push button if you want to activate and unleash holy hell?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Pretty simple really. But takes some skillz. I did trap door method and bought nice little cover plate for cheap off ebay. You have to send him your bucket first. He wires it and installs the pumps and makes it plug and play. You have to run the lines of course and cutthem and install the fittings. I used the nicer teflon lines. I got bigger rails but they are not the best on my fast intake. Think will go to fast ones over winter as you have to remove the rails to remove the intake bolts or tighten the intake back in. Not sure but maybe fast rails have a bit more clearance. You can loosen up the rails I guess.

I mounted my reg off the one rail and fuel filter off the other rail. Works out pretty nice.
So no real complaints although having some issues with my car but pretty sure its not the fuel system.

The hobbs switch goes into a vacuum source. It just plugs into the fuel pump and you set it to come on at say 5psi. You don't turn it on or off with a button like nitrous you would forget most likely and go lean.Not a good thing.

Lonnie is great to deal with and very helpful on the phone and email.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

here is my vacuum manifold off ebay took fitting where old map went and ran big vacuum feed into intake manifold. I hear you are not supposed to share vacuum but can't see how that makes any diff if you have a good vacuum feed source. I run my blow offs, boost controller, fuel pressure reg, map and hobbs switch all off the vac manifold.
No ill effects noted so far.

here is bit dark pic of fuel filter and reg on the rails.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

I turned the reg vertical so could read my guage. It has ok clearance on my 99 ta ws6 not sure about other cars with lower hoods.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the pics and read. when the time comes it looks like ill be dealing with loonies. btw, i will def be doing the trap door! lol
Old 07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=MY99TAWS6;11893352]here is my vacuum manifold off ebay took fitting where old map went and ran big vacuum feed into intake manifold. I hear you are not supposed to share vacuum but can't see how that makes any diff if you have a good vacuum feed source. I run my blow offs, boost controller, fuel pressure reg, map and hobbs switch all off the vac manifold.
No ill effects noted so far.

Where did you get your vaume manifold? Bad *** moter BTW!
Old 07-13-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

fleabay! And its actually even metal nipples not plastic with block off plugs etc.Very nice piece.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the Lonnies kit is super nice. It is very easy to install if you have some skills. I did the trap door on my car and everything went together fairly easy. The bucket looks stock after he modifies it. ITS NICE!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
fleabay! And its actually even metal nipples not plastic with block off plugs etc.Very nice piece.
thanks man, looks great