Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

how to adjust McLeod street twin pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how to adjust McLeod street twin pedal

Ok I got my Street twin in a couple weeks ago, only complaint I have Is how far you need to push in the petal while in 1st gear for the car not to roll at a stop. Seems it almost needs to be at the floor, but shifting gears while move only requires little pressure maybe 1/4 pressed.
I have the Street twin, adj master, and flywheel, any way to adjust it?
Thanks
Mike
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, you adjust the rod length on the master
Old 05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Will that change the pedal feel in other area's, like durning shifting? Or just while stopped and not wanting it to roll out in first? Sorry this is my first adustable master.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

It should change release points.....so both.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Thats what I thought, Hmm I guess I just need to mess with it. Any suggestions?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

U just gotta mess w/ it and drive it. When u find where it drives the best at; jack the rear tires up and make sure it's engauging right....meaning make sure the wheels aren't spinning w/ the clutch pushed in and tranny in 1st gear.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Should see Tanner this weekend at the shootout, maybe he can give me a quick hand with it.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

I recently just went through the same issues with my car. I put a ST in about 4 years ago when I did my A4 to M6 swap. Just recently I pulled the tranny to have it rebuilt and assumed the clutch was still in great shape as the car has only had about 6000 miles put on it since the clutch was installed. Pulled the clutch to replace the pilot bushing and found the disk closest to the trans to be worn to the rivets. Never had any noticeable problems with disengagement but the clutch was not totally disengaging causing the wear.

Long story short I sent the clutch back to McLeod for a rebuild and now have it reinstalled. With the rear tires off the ground I made sure there was no rear axle rotation with the trans in 1st and clutch pedal pushed all the way in. My clutch and brake pedal are in line with one and other in their free position. With the original ST the clutch pedal was behind the brake pedal by about 3/8 of an inch. Not sure if the pedal placement is relevant or not. I adjusted my master cylinder until I got total disengagement, which was about 1 full rotation of the rod end on the master cylinder for me.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Ok I got my Street twin in a couple weeks ago, only complaint I have Is how far you need to push in the petal while in 1st gear for the car not to roll at a stop. Seems it almost needs to be at the floor, but shifting gears while move only requires little pressure maybe 1/4 pressed.
I have the Street twin, adj master, and flywheel, any way to adjust it?
Thanks
Mike
The adjustable Rod End is mainly there to adjust pedal location. As long as the physical rod moves 1.1" you can put the pedal anywhere you want. Example: lets say you have a standard 6:1 pedal ratio. You will need to move the pedal 6 inches to move the rod one inch. To determine what the pedal ratio is in your car you will need to measure the length of the pedal to the pivot point then divide the measurement of the pivot point to the rod that moves the M/C.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 97pontta
I recently just went through the same issues with my car. I put a ST in about 4 years ago when I did my A4 to M6 swap. Just recently I pulled the tranny to have it rebuilt and assumed the clutch was still in great shape as the car has only had about 6000 miles put on it since the clutch was installed. Pulled the clutch to replace the pilot bushing and found the disk closest to the trans to be worn to the rivets. Never had any noticeable problems with disengagement but the clutch was not totally disengaging causing the wear.

Long story short I sent the clutch back to McLeod for a rebuild and now have it reinstalled. With the rear tires off the ground I made sure there was no rear axle rotation with the trans in 1st and clutch pedal pushed all the way in. My clutch and brake pedal are in line with one and other in their free position. With the original ST the clutch pedal was behind the brake pedal by about 3/8 of an inch. Not sure if the pedal placement is relevant or not. I adjusted my master cylinder until I got total disengagement, which was about 1 full rotation of the rod end on the master cylinder for me.
The premature wear of the bottom disc has to do with improper shimming of the floater plate. A Street Twin releases from the bottom disc to the top disc and then the exact opposite when you let off the pedal. If the the bottom disc does not have a full .025" of gap at time of release the disc will drag and prematurely wear out.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

So while pulling my car onto the trailer on the way to the shootout I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. Open it up to find the Hyd line MC to slave had a hole in it and leaked everytime the cluch is pumped.Anyone else think this was the prob?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Uh....yea that would be a big problem...wasen't helping thats for sure!
U just have to adjust...drive...adjust...etc. u will find the sweet spot. Mine like being about even w/ the brake pedal.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah Ill get the line fixed. I had to put the pedal to the floor every shift WOT, Learned that in qaulifying at the LTXShootout. LOL. Still took 2nd in my class!!

Quick Reply: how to adjust McLeod street twin pedal