Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

drill mod Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default drill mod Q

ok, i printed out the directions on the drill mod, but it also has the directions to change the master clyinder, which i dont want to do. So do i just need to take the line off of the master cylinder, drill it, blow it out, install it, and bleed the clutch? how long should it take?

And i know this one is out there, but anyone know if it would be easier to bleed the clutch on a third gen with a ls1 swap over a 4th gen?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Swapping the Master out hour tops, drill mod I would say about a 45 mins tops taking your time. All together I would 2.5 hours if you are a first timer. haha.

It depends on the tunnel clearance and if you have learned any trick or techniques.

Bench bleed the master before installing it. It works wonders.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RsSean
Swapping the Master out hour tops, drill mod I would say about a 45 mins tops taking your time. All together I would 2.5 hours if you are a first timer. haha.

It depends on the tunnel clearance and if you have learned any trick or techniques.

Bench bleed the master before installing it. It works wonders.
how do i do that?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have to bench bleed it if you use a MityVac, which I HIGHLY suggest doing. It will make the job so much easier.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grifter
You don't have to bench bleed it if you use a MityVac, which I HIGHLY suggest doing. It will make the job so much easier.
how much is one?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

I'm not sure how much room you have to get to the Master Cylinder line to do the drill mod. The end you drill is at the M/C. If you can get it without removing the M/C more power to you. But that is a freaking tight squeeze on my car. I helped my buddy do his and remember laying on top of the motor to get my hand down there to get at the thing.

Originally Posted by firechicken76
how much is one?
You should be able to pick up a Mity Vac for like $25-$30. They have them all over at auto stores, tool stores, etc.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hugger Z
I'm not sure how much room you have to get to the Master Cylinder line to do the drill mod. The end you drill is at the M/C. If you can get it without removing the M/C more power to you. But that is a freaking tight squeeze on my car. I helped my buddy do his and remember laying on top of the motor to get my hand down there to get at the thing.

You should be able to pick up a Mity Vac for like $25-$30. They have them all over at auto stores, tool stores, etc.

it might be easier on my car since its a third gen....or harder, ill get a mity vac at schucks.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-mc-cheap.html

Here is the how to that I did when the Tick went into a buddies car. Same principle. I did both the Mity-Vac adn bench bleed it.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RsSean
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-mc-cheap.html

Here is the how to that I did when the Tick went into a buddies car. Same principle. I did both the Mity-Vac adn bench bleed it.
ok, bought the mity vac, well its a knock off of it, but it says its made for bleeding brakes, it has a resevoir. so it should be pretty easy then right? maybe an hour?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since i have the mityvac now do i have to bleed the line from under the car? or from the resivoir? this thing is cool

Quick Reply: drill mod Q