General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

please help with knock retard.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default please help with knock retard.

ok when i bought my 99ss it had a hesitation at part throttle,well i run real time data on the predator and it said its pulling up to 14 degrees in knock retard when its hesitating.im needing help here because ive already seafoamed it,new plugs,cleaned the mass air twice,unhooked the mass air,and put new knock sensors in.when i was putting new knock sensors in someone had stripped the valley pan for the first knock sensor will this matter, will it pick up false knock? ive got a buddy with a 01ss and i was wandering if i could put his ecm in and see if its my tune if there interchangeable. what else can it be im so tired of this **** im wishing already id never bought the car
Old 05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I fell you on that bro. My suggestion for you would be to already what you did. If it is a hesitation and you have ruled out spark and air it could be fuel. Maybe you have a leaky injector or maybe a clogged up fuel rail. If that couldn't be it I would have to say tune. If I was you I would take the predator tune off of your car and return it to stock tune. I would say that you friends pcm will fit in your car but what about trying his MAF and knock sensors. I am not sure but didn't the 01-02 LS1 have a slightly different cam so the pcm from his car may not work properly.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put brand new gm knock sensors in thursday,im gonna see if he will let me try his pcm.it has a madz28 tune in it already and it does it on both tunes.maf unplugged still done the exact same so i ruled that out,so i hope to god its the tune.....
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone else wanna chime in on this?will the ecm swap out on a 01 and 99 6speed camaro?