Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW relays

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HSW relays

I have 3-4 of the same relays. I was planning on running the purge, solenoids and microedge off the same relay and a second one in the back for the microedge. Is this ok.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what i understand of your post, you want to run the Microedge off a relay? You got Microedge in there twice. lol

BTW, if you have a couple extra relays(w/harness) id be willing to take one off your hands.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

the microedge will have one wire that splices into the relay for the Nitrous solenoid...so there is no relay specifically for the microedge. You will need to run the purge solenoid off a different relay otherwise as soon as you spray it will purge at the same time...no good. If you have a heater then it will also have to been on a different relay. I suggest just taking the directions and looking at the diagrams and map it all out in your head and plan on how you are goin to set it up in the car. I am working on my install now as well from HSW with the sudden impact wet kit, interface, microedge, purge, and bottle heater.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02T/A-WS6
the microedge will have one wire that splices into the relay for the Nitrous solenoid...so there is no relay specifically for the microedge. You will need to run the purge solenoid off a different relay otherwise as soon as you spray it will purge at the same time...no good. If you have a heater then it will also have to been on a different relay. I suggest just taking the directions and looking at the diagrams and map it all out in your head and plan on how you are goin to set it up in the car. I am working on my install now as well from HSW with the sudden impact wet kit, interface, microedge, purge, and bottle heater.
When you figure out how to wire that up will you draw up the wiring blueprint you used. I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm going to be installing my set up real soon and it's very similar.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a pretty primitive one that I drew up a while ago for this setup. Hope it helps. I think I have one on my old computer with an interface also.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
here's a pretty primitive one that I drew up a while ago for this setup. Hope it helps. I think I have one on my old computer with an interface also.

Thanks!!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, theres no charge for wiring diagrams on HSW products if you need them. I know others out there do charge, for you guys using HSW products, just shoot us an email and we'll make sure your setup.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As mike put it...they have diagrams

All I did is just use them and they are very detailed. I ended up putting the bottle heater relay in the trunk under the bottle mount where the spare tire was. I put the purge and nitrous/fuel relays behind the computer to keep them hidden. I also ran the wire through the firewall using an existing gromet. Im putting the interface in the engine bay on the right hand side behind the fuse boxes and I ended up putting the microedge in the glove box.