Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is better for weight transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which is better for weight transfer?

I am getting ready to install a set of DA Strange shocks all the way around and some hypercoil 300lbs front springs. My question is about the rear. I was going to install the stock springs uncut. This will give the jacked up in the rear look, which I am not sure I am going to like. And I would also like to get a 28" tall tire back there in the future. Would I benefit weight transfer wise to put the stock springs in the rear and have the raked look or would I be better off to remove the isolator and or cut 1 coil of the stock rear spring?? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove the isolator at the least. I tried all kinds of rear springs on my car from v6 to cut 1le's and never could tell a difference in 60'. Remember though, cutting a spring will stiffen it. So you may be better off cutting the softer pre 98 v6 springs to get your ride hieght where you want.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

I just got done doing some searching on the heater hose mod and what I seen was alot of talk about you want the rear stiffer than stck. Seems like I might be alright with my Hypercoil springs in the rear?? I see most guys do the mod to get the rake down a little instead of buying a set of springs. Would I be better off with the hypercoils in the rear instead of the stockers with the isolator out??
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure it is that important but I'm no expert. Shocks and ride height front to rear are going to be more important.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

You want the ride height close to the same correct?? Jacked up in the rear is not good from my what I have heard. Is that right??