Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone ever race a twin turbo rx7

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone ever race a twin turbo rx7

I got called out by a guy with a twin turbo rx7, its kinda like the one that vin diesel was driving in the first fast and furious. The guy supposedly beat a z06, I then said a new one and they said yes.. But being that the guy is from a small town, and there isn't any in the city I doubt it was. I'm sure the guy has some mods but don't really know how many. I know the guy use to have a hatch back gutted to hell, that use to be somewhat fast for a 4 cylinder. My mods are everything you could possibly think of for a n/a motor, I also have a nice shot that isn't quite yet finished. I'm in need a of stand alone to finish it up. So lets here your guy's stories about these cars... They also think I just have a cam since they really don't know to much about your cars, one of the guys said he built a fully built ls1 that had pistons, heads, cam, and a tuner. The guy said he be him a crx that has some bs honda motor in it. I don't really listen, cause I know it would take a nice sized turbo 4cyl to run a fully built ls1 down...
Old 05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TT usually means it's stock turbos = slow. Most of the faster/modded ones move up to a larger single turbo.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they aren't too terribly fast. you shouldnt have a problem taking it, especially with nitrous
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I know i would be able to kill him with the nitrous but I kinda want to race him now.. on just the motor... I'm not really sure where i'm at cause my tires were spinning the rollers on the dyno, then they got really sticky and made my dyno graph look like a rocky mountain... but i'm think somewhere above 450
Old 06-01-2009, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

if u have nitrous an bolt ons should be easy to beat him, unless he has a lot of
stuff done to his, those rotary engines are quick *** hell even tho they are real small

i ran a turbo supra when i had my ss an barely beat him by half a car an that was
a single turbo it had exhaust, manifold, boost controler, headers, idk what other stuff..an
it was hard for me to beat him..

but idk your car sounds mean if u have that done
Old 06-01-2009, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

what year is the rx7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLxJ_DBCcw

should be the outcome
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahah... yeah I should be worried about him just on my motor... I need to get some races under my belt so I know where i'm at...
Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm.....I dont know why we always post up wondering if we can beat a 4cyl car. Damn guys, we sound like lil bitches. Don't under estimate your ls1, I mean damn, we act like we're driving a mustang gt or something.just go out and do it. if we get beat, well then there's nothing else to do but to give the other guy props,but keep in mind all the money he had to spend just to beat your lsx....

SSmokiny2k buddy has a 400hp turbo Supra (97 or so) . we were at a bbq at his house and bryce ended up calling me out to race his friends supra. I must admit i was a lil scared i was going to loose since he had a lighter car putting down a lil more power than mine.We ended up racing from a 55 mph roll to 130mph. from the jump I had 1 1/2 car on him till towards the end I had him by a full car. So I pretty much pulled him by a car. Moral of the story is dont doubt your car, just go out there and tear a new *******
Old 06-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

i'll rev my engine for that son
Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Teching In

depends what is done to it, if he beat a c6z06 than you might have a problem on your hands..
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure he's talking out of his *** like the guy in the srt slow that wants to race wickedz.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the guy said he wants to race for money.... so i may just have to man up and race him, and then take his money... haha...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
the guy said he wants to race for money.... so i may just have to man up and race him, and then take his money... haha...
foooooo where have u been? let me kno wen it goes down i want to see that race
Old 06-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In the mortal wordz of Vin Diesel via F&F(pt1)..... " Smoke Em ! "

J/K !

Did the Z06 know he was racing ? Extremely hard to believe he beat one !
Old 06-01-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive been around haha... just not out to much, I was trying to get some stuff figured out with the car... but all is well now...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
hmmm.....I dont know why we always post up wondering if we can beat a 4cyl car. Damn guys, we sound like lil bitches. Don't under estimate your ls1, I mean damn, we act like we're driving a mustang gt or something.just go out and do it. if we get beat, well then there's nothing else to do but to give the other guy props,but keep in mind all the money he had to spend just to beat your lsx....

SSmokiny2k buddy has a 400hp turbo Supra (97 or so) . we were at a bbq at his house and bryce ended up calling me out to race his friends supra. I must admit i was a lil scared i was going to loose since he had a lighter car putting down a lil more power than mine.We ended up racing from a 55 mph roll to 130mph. from the jump I had 1 1/2 car on him till towards the end I had him by a full car. So I pretty much pulled him by a car. Moral of the story is dont doubt your car, just go out there and tear a new *******
Luis your an idiot LOL.
1st: RX-7's are dual rotary engines, not 4 cyl.
2nd: Supras are heavier, have IRS, and you make almost 400 hp yourself with a much newer, and advanced drivetrain.

My friend has a 93 RX-7. He has bolt ons, and stock TT. My mods are in my sig. I beat him without a challenge. Just race him in a straight line, cus he'll take you around the corners.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Luis your an idiot LOL.
1st: RX-7's are dual rotary engines, not 4 cyl.
2nd: Supras are heavier, have IRS, and you make almost 400 hp yourself with a much newer, and advanced drivetrain.

My friend has a 93 RX-7. He has bolt ons, and stock TT. My mods are in my sig. I beat him without a challenge. Just race him in a straight line, cus he'll take you around the corners.
makes me feel a lot better about about the race...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Yea, if he has the mods he stated, then you have nothing to worry about.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Teching In

turbo=schmorble
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
I got called out by a guy with a twin turbo rx7, its kinda like the one that vin diesel was driving in the first fast and furious. The guy supposedly beat a z06, I then said a new one and they said yes.. But being that the guy is from a small town, and there isn't any in the city I doubt it was. I'm sure the guy has some mods but don't really know how many. I know the guy use to have a hatch back gutted to hell, that use to be somewhat fast for a 4 cylinder. My mods are everything you could possibly think of for a n/a motor, I also have a nice shot that isn't quite yet finished. I'm in need a of stand alone to finish it up. So lets here your guy's stories about these cars... They also think I just have a cam since they really don't know to much about your cars, one of the guys said he built a fully built ls1 that had pistons, heads, cam, and a tuner. The guy said he be him a crx that has some bs honda motor in it. I don't really listen, cause I know it would take a nice sized turbo 4cyl to run a fully built ls1 down...
Hmm it's interesting reading some of the other responses. I set up a run with a TT RX-7 (F&F year/body style) against a friends cammed m6 C5. Clearly the rex was modded and aside from the boost controller, he was real tight lipped.

C5 barely got him on a 70-140 roll. Jus be careful and be very sure of what he has done. I stopped underestimating sub compacts with FI a long time ago. When they're built right they can be deadly...

Good luck!