Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting come rear QA1'a in the car what springs?

Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Putting come rear QA1'a in the car what springs?

Ok so I am slowly getting my suspension together. I will be installing a set of QA1s in the rear that I just picked up and a BMR drag bar.

I currently have the Eibach springs in my car that came with the bilstien suspension option on my firehawk. But I do have a set of stock springs in the garage also.

The car currently transfers weight really well and squats hard in the rear but it unloads about 15-20feet out and will spin.

Car still have stock front shocks(I will do my front coil over later this summer), No front sway bar, a MWC fab 9 and all his rear suspension stuff. The car is a M6 with 3.70 gears and I currently running a 26" tall tire but I think I am going to be switching to a 28 later.

So what Springs should I put in the car when I swap this stuff out.

Oh I also will be removing my bumps stops now since I heard I may be hitting them and bouncing back
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would gewt the bmr rear springs. i just installed qa1s in the front with 300lb springs and brm rear springs. the ride is good, the stance looks good and seems to work at the track.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking more for which of the two springs that I have should I use.

here is a video from the track of about 5k launch. car got out and then spun had to pedal it which resulted in tossing the accessory belt and taking out the blower belt by the 1000' mark

Search this Thread