Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp ory

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tsp ory

how is the clearnace with the tsp ory? i was debating between this and the pacesetter ory but i heard where the pacesetter y merge is it reduces to almost 2 inch? is this true? and would this hurt performance? the car is going to be a full bult on and cam only car in 2 weeks. which would be better for my application. my car is lowered with the slp springs and blistiens shocks.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bump...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had both. Do the Pacesetter, the clearance is noticeably better. Both Y pipes are going to have some overlapping pipe in the merge, they're cheap Y pipes. I just used a carbide bit to remove the extra material in mine. I know a bunch of people are going to say "go custom" but not everyone has a reputable shop that will do exhaust work on a catless street car at their disposal.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had the TSP catted Y, a pacesetter Y, and the custom 4" merge pacesetter y that I have now. The Tsp comes in about 5 pieces with slip fit connections, so they say its "adjustable." I say its a freakin pain in the *** because you've got lots of joints to leak, and you will never get it adjusted just the way you like it.... one change on the left requires a change on the right. If you can work on a lift then it wouldnt be bad, but on your back its a pain. Once you got it all set up, you let the car down only to notice a 2" clearance from the ground on the drivers side... but, you already tightened the U clamps so its pretty much stuck...

Pacesetter, on the other hand, is in two pieces. That means it only goes on ONE WAY. I've got pics of the clearance somewhere... Stock height, you can get a coke can under the merge, and almost under the collector. The merge is horible though. Check out my links in my sig
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a mini writeup on the pacesetter Y "just" some time ago, let me see if I can find it...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...er-y-pipe.html

Bam. You should be armed with some info now.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

I am lowered on prokit and I have never scraped my tsp ory