Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

uhh 4gear grind, and wouldent go into 2nd.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uhh 4gear grind, and wouldent go into 2nd.

Happened last night, i was driiving normally and i go to shift into 4th and it made this awful grind. It never grinds into 4th so i neutraled and went for 4th again. NO problem? anyways today i was driving trying to see if it was just a one night deal, i shifted for 4th and it ******* grinded so i drove around for an hour trying to make sure i had the clutch fully engaged before 4th because i speed shift alot. And it grinded every now and then, but even with the clutch to the floor. On the way home, i couldent get it into 2nd, i had to double clutch it before it would slide in. Also while in neutral i moved the shifter from side to side and it felt like **** was moving around directly next to my neutral. I couldent really tell if it was just more vibration than im used to or something loose. Either way it isnt normal, i granny shifted the rest of the ride( no grinds)

So, is it my clutch, throw out bearing not letting me disengage? low fluid? wtf. im so lost when it comes to trannys
Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my guess is a slider is about to go out, then you will be fucked and it will have to be fixed...but im not a tranny expert. i just know that it happened to me, but it didnt just come loose or ne thing, the whole thing broke.