Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low end power

Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low end power

So i've just recenlty got the prc 2.5 5.3 heads with an ms3 on a 113lsa installed on my car with the average boltons lid, slp pulley, jethots and slp maf. my question is last night i was doing a couple of pulls with my bud in his cobalt ss.. and everytime from a dig id walk away but when we would do rolls(not my idea)from like 5 mph 20 mph and that kinda of stuff it would take a minute and then i would pull.

my question is if i buy the bbk ssi intake manifold will this help out with bottem end power, or atleast give me more of a jump from a roll. the reason i want this is because it looks like it does flow better than the ls6 and I'M NOT WASTING 2K ON AN INTAKE. but i any feed back the rear end gear is a 3.42 so im sure that will slow me down untill i get 4.10s or something like that.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
So i've just recenlty got the prc 2.5 5.3 heads with an ms3 on a 113lsa installed on my car with the average boltons lid, slp pulley, jethots and slp maf. my question is last night i was doing a couple of pulls with my bud in his cobalt ss.. and everytime from a dig id walk away but when we would do rolls(not my idea)from like 5 mph 20 mph and that kinda of stuff it would take a minute and then i would pull.

my question is if i buy the bbk ssi intake manifold will this help out with bottem end power, or atleast give me more of a jump from a roll. the reason i want this is because it looks like it does flow better than the ls6 and I'M NOT WASTING 2K ON AN INTAKE. but i any feed back the rear end gear is a 3.42 so im sure that will slow me down untill i get 4.10s or something like that.
With that cam the reason you are not pulling initially is because you aren't in your power band. You can either go w/ gears to move you into the powerband faster but w/ that you also open up more traction issues. Buying a fancy intake isn't going to help this other than to possibly move the powerband even further up.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like he said, gears will make it a new car... but you'll be in the !traction club.

Search this Thread